|Chapter 6.|

The drive felt long, but in reality it was only about five minutes. They stopped in front of the beat up house that the girl had grown up in.

She stared at the house with her tongue in her cheek. She glanced over at Rodrick for a moment, then slowly opened the door. She suddenly felt too hot in the hoodie. She walked up to the door, 'I've done this a thousand times before to change clothes.' She thought to herself, 'but I never talk to them.' She opened the door and walked inside, beer bottles were sprouted across the floor.

She sighed as she realized nobody was in the living room. Though it reeked of sweat, the couch had an imprint from her fathers body that seemed to always be passed out there. She walked into her room, quickly shoving more clothes into her backpack so she could pull them out in Rodricks car later, before school. She shoved under garments in as well.

She then walked carefully down the hall way, her bag slung over her shoulder. She walked up to her parents room, and knocks on the door. "Come in!" The man from inside shouted gruffly. "Why haven't you been back sooner?"Her dad says through clenched teeth as she walks in. She makes eye contact with him and looks away.

"I don't know, I've been busy." She mutters back,

"Yah, well it's like you aren't even my kid anymore. Your sleeping around with that Heffley kid." He says glaring at the ground. Y/n shakes her head quickly,

"No dad, I prom- were just friends, ok?" She says, her father scoffs softly.

"Yah that makes sense, I doubt anyone would wanna sleep around with someone like you anyway." Harry scoffs at his daughter, looking her up and down, "you look like a slob." He says, disappointed.

"Says you." Y/n scoffs under her breath, making her dad stand up in anger.

"What'd you just say about me girl?!" He shouts up, y/n looks down at the ground, clearly frightened.

"N-Nothing." She stutters out, tears of fear begin pooling in her eyes. Harry hums in satisfaction.

"That's what I thought." He mutters, he walks passed her into the kitchen, bumping shoulders with her on the way out. "Get outta my house. Make yourself useful." He says going into the fridge for a beer.

Y/n holds back the tears in her eyes, 'why couldn't I have loving, nurturing parents like everyone else in this damned town.' She thinks to herself, she walks out of the house. She grips the strap on her bag tighter, as Rodricks car comes into view. He looks relieved that she came out. She opens the door silently and solches herself into the passengers seat. Rodrick glances at her sympathetically and placed his hand on by girls thigh silently. Y/n looks out the window, thinking about what she did that made her life so terrible.

The silence in the car lasted the whole trip, they parked in the school parking lot. Rodrick knows the girl doesn't like speaking about things until days, even weeks after they happen. Though this one wasn't the worst she had come back to his car after seeing her dad, so he was sure she would open up within a few days.

He walks around to the other side of the car, and opens the door like usual, "m'lady." He bows jokingly, making the girl snort softly. She jumps out of his van, landing with a light thud. She grabs his hand tightly and drags him slowly inside the school.

A/n: my god it's been so long-