2.6

It has been 5 days since Y/N had the run in with her father, Rodrick had attempted to make her feel better by planning a huge party. He called everyone they knew and told them to invite everyone they knew.

Rodrick quickly hands lights from the ceiling, glancing over at the girl that sits on the couch watching him.

"You know this is just a house party right? You don't have to go all out." The girl mentions, making Rodrick sigh.

"Well this is my first time hosting a house party...I want to make a good impression." The boy says shyly making Y/N laugh.

"Well ok." She nods, glancing at the TV, as Greg walks into the room.

"What's going on?" He asks, Rodrick rolls his eyes.

"None of your business turd." He says, stepping down from the step stool.

"We're setting up for a party!" Y/N nicks excitement, "you should go downstairs and get some fold up chairs, musical chairs is a big hit with the high schoolers." Y/N mentions, making Rodrick nod.

Really?" Greg asks.

"Yah, it really comes back in high school." Greg nods before running down stairs. Rodrick runs towards the basement and locks the door from the outside. "Now do us all a favor and be quiet."

Greg begins banging on the door, "Rodrick, stop joking let me out!"

"I don't hear you being quiet!" Rodrick shouts down at the boy, he looks down at Y/N with a cheeky smile before pulling her to the kitchen, they begin prepping the punch, and snacks before hearing the first few knocks on the door.

Rodrick runs to go answer the door while, Y/N sits on the countertop, her head in her hands as she waits for her boyfriend to come back.

He walks back in with a group of 5 people, who all greet her before going to the living room.

Rodrick glances up at the girl with a worried look, "are you doing ok love?" The girl quickly nods, though she doesn't feel that way at all. "Alright," Rodrick mutters hesitantly, "let me know if you start not feeling ok." The girl nods, and he leans over to kiss her on the forehead.

"I love you."

...

After Rowbert, or whatever that kids name is, gets thrown into the basement after Greg, the party continues.

Y/N sits on the couch, as the people around her dance, suddenly everyone goes quiet as the phone starts to ring.

"Don't answer that!" He yells, reaching over to grab the phone, "everyone be quiet! Shh." He says strictly before answering.

"Hello?" He asks, before hearing his mothers voice over the phone.

"Rodrick? Are you guys doing alright? I was just calling to check in." Susan's voice rings over the speaker of the phone.

"Yah mom everything's fine," Rodrick assures.

"That's good, can I talk to Greg?" Rodricks eyes widen, but they widen even more as his brothers voice rings through the phone after.

"Yah mom, I'm here." Greg says, smirk heard in his voice. "Rodrick and I are having a blast, he has really opened the door for experiences mom." Greg mutters angrily through the phone. Rodrick nervously laughs.

"I'm glad you boys are getting along."

"Oh yah, just swell." Rodrick says, tightly through a cringe.

"Well I'll see you guys on Friday. I love you." Susan hangs up the phone, making Rodrick sigh in relief. His shoulders drop as his girlfriend comes up beside him with a laugh.

"Better go let your brother out then." She says, making Rodrick nod in annoyance.

"Then can we go up to your room? I'm not feeling it." Rodrick nods quickly, concern flooding his face as he rushes to the basement door to let his brother out.

"Don't do anything stupid." He mutters to Greg with a pointed finger.

He then grabs the girls hand, and pulls her up to his loft. He carries her to his bed and pulls her down beside him on the mattress.

"I'm sorry." Rodrick says rubbing his hand down his face,. "Maybe a party wasn't the best idea." Y/N laughs.

"Well I'm sure Greg and Roy are having fun." Rodrick furrows his eyebrows.

"Who's Roy? I thought his name was Ronnie?"