Chapter 22: Solitude - Beomgyu

"Hello."

Beomgyu calls out to his newest roommate, a surly looking boy who's quite broad for being around his age.

He grunts in return, retreating to his side of the room. He didn't even say his name.

Beomgyu lies back, wondering whether he made a grave mistake. He's been making progress with Yeonjun beside him. It's not like the older boy was a distraction. They could've made it out of here together.

Certainly, having Yeonjun here gave him comfort on the hardest days.

At the same time, he knows that his healing will come in solitude. He has to choose to get better, to adjust to his mind in equal parts of fighting against it. And without Yeonjun here, he'll be forced to get stronger. He will prove that he can win, surpass the valley he was thrown into.

More hours pass. More days.

Soon, he's spent six full weeks in the psych ward. He didn't know he could last so long.

Taehyun and Huening Kai were discharged in the fifth week, in tears while saying goodbye to Soobin and Beomgyu. They exchanged numbers, promising to get together after they're all out of the hospital. Promising that they will become idols in their own timing.

Soon enough, it's Soobin's time to leave. His delusions and hallucinations are under control, and he has a healthy glow about him.

"Well, it's time," Soobin says, standing next to the exit with his duffel bag, button down shirt, and jeans.

Beomgyu crashes into the tall boy, holding him so tightly that they're both at risk for suffocation. "Soobin, I'm going to miss you. It's been hard enough without Taehyun and Huening Kai. Who am I going to sit next to and eat with?"

"You'll get out too," Soobin says, smiling and returning the hug. "Be strong. Just think of seeing Yeonjun again. I believe in you, Choi Beomgyu!"

After tears are shed on both parties, Soobin leaves.

Beomgyu returns to his room, saying hello to his roommate, who he's found out is named Joon. Joon is still silent, but his presence is better than faring alone.

He will get better. When he's discharged, it will be for Taehyun, Huening Kai, and Soobin. It will be for his parents. It will be for Yeonjun.

It will be for himself.

Let's learn from Beomgyu & find healing in our solitude