🦋{𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐆𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭}🦋

"𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 '𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥."
- 𝐎𝐓𝐑, 𝐀𝐮/𝐑𝐚

"- 𝐎𝐓𝐑, 𝐀𝐮/𝐑𝐚

♡°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°🦋°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°♡

The pain from her neck being snapped was nothing compared to the ache in her heart.

It had been a few days since Elijah was daggered, and although Katrina only knew him for a little while, it felt like she knew him forever. Because she felt this way, her days seemed to drag like a never-ending torture. She had no motivation to eat or even drink anything, and she had no desire to sleep. Every time she closed her eyes, she'd be cursed to watch Elijah desiccate all over again. She even debated taking off her daylight ring and standing in front of the window to burn to death, but she stopped herself.

The hue of each color was dull; it was almost as if she was living in a world full of black and white. Nothing seemed to spark her interest anymore, so she spent her days in her room, specifically under the covers of her queen-sized bed, staring at the bouquet of lilac roses on her bedside table.

Elijah had gifted her the flowers after she revealed that she favored purple over all other colors. They were truly elegant when he gave them to her as they expressed a feeling of admiration and desire, of eternal life. Now, every single rose wilted within the glass vase, devoid of life, an exact resemblance to the Salvatore's mood.

She had no reason to leave the house or her room, that is, until she heard the irritating voice of Elena Gilbert, or rather, Katherine Pierce. It didn't matter to her because both of them annoyed her with a passion. And she couldn't find herself to forgive her brother just yet, so she reluctantly left her room to be with her youngest brother.

"Why is she still here?" Elena asked, referring to Katherine, as she and the two Salvatores got out of Stefan's car. "She was free."

"She wants what we want... Klaus dead," Stefan answered. "Maybe she sees us as her only chance."

"Or maybe she's trying to lure you and Damon back into her web. I want her gone."

"So do I. But you're right, she stayed. Shouldn't we at least try to figure out why?"

"How?" The doppelgänger scoffed. "All she does is lie."

"Look, I hate it as much as you do, but she does make a point. We don't know anything about Klaus. She does."

"Right, but that doesn't mean I want her shacking up with you."

The young Salvatore embraced her and said, "Maybe we should stay at your place tonight."

"Hmm, I can't. I told Bonnie and Caroline that they could come over. Bonnie's freaked because she lost her powers and Caroline's having Matt drama again. It's kind of a girls' night," Elena informed before she sarcastically added, "Maybe Katherine can join us."