🦋{𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝}🦋

"𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞."
- 𝐈𝐯𝐲 𝐎𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬

♡°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°🦋°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°♡

It was a beautiful day for the female Salvatore to escape the isolated confinement of her room in the boarding house. The birds were softly chirping their own little tune, and the sun allowed its rays to cast a magnificent brightness amongst the roses, providing an ethereal glow on every petal.

But nothing could ever be more ethereal than his eyes.

In the light's beauty, they shined like a golden sun, making it impossible for Katrina to look away. Their radiance took her breath away, a sight that was undeniably the most beautiful she had ever seen. The love they expressed for her was indefinitely pure, an emotion that only grew with each passing second. They were most precious to the oldest Salvatore as they belonged to the man she loved with her whole heart.

She was lying on the ground, her body surrounded by the pink roses in her garden. The noble Original laid beside her, dressed in his usual attire. Katrina, however, was dressed in a short black dress that reached just above her knees, an outfit that she liked but didn't fit the atmosphere of such a glorious day.

"Stay with me."

His voice was like a soft whisper that trembled with fright, almost as if he was afraid that speaking any louder would lead to a disaster. Katrina hadn't the slightest idea of what he, one of the most powerful vampires in history, could be afraid of. Was it possible that he had fallen so deeply in love with her that it would utterly destroy him if she wasn't by his side?

The corners of her lips curled into a gentle smile. "Always," she breathed out as a promise.

And while he tried to match her reassuring smile, he seemed as though he couldn't. "Then you must wake up, my love."

Her smile dropped at his words. "But I don't want to."

"Please . . . if you don't, there's no way of knowing if you will ever wake up."

At his desperate plea, she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, and perhaps in concern. The two were in a dream, where nothing could harm them, yet Elijah was rather insistent that she awaken from her slumber. Why did he so badly want her to leave? Did he know something that she didn't?