🦋{𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝}🦋

"𝐄𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞, 𝐟𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐱𝐲."
- 𝐑𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞

"- 𝐑𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞

♡°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°🦋°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°♡

Escaping from the past was never easy for the oldest Salvatore, especially when it came back to bite her in the ass.

After she witnessed the pair of eyes that matched the color of her pendant, Katrina encountered a figure of her past, one that she didn't expect to see again. Cade Steros, one of her old lovers, had appeared before the female Salvatore, giving her a fright.

He was supposed to be dead, and surely enough, he was. She knew that when he had taken his last breath, he went to a place that served as a state of purgatory. It was the place that every supernatural creature went to when they died, every creature except for Katrina. Somehow, Cade came back to the land of the living as a ghost, and he wasn't pleased to see the female Salvatore.

She ran as fast as her enhanced speed would let her, yet he still appeared before her. No matter how many times she maneuvered around him, he'd never leave her alone. The man was like a disease that wanted to infect the Salvatore, to trap her with him for eternity. And to spend an eternity alone with the ghost of her old lover would worsen her state of mind.

"You can run as fast as you can, Adelaide, but mark my words, I will catch you!"

His deep voice made her heart accelerate as she questioned how it was possible for her to even hear it. She wasn't afraid, but merely confused. Was he the only ghost in town, or were there others?

"If you think that I'm afraid of you, then you're gravely mistaken," she said, a snicker escaping her lips at the inside joke.

A dark, satisfied chuckle left him, sounding only a few inches behind her. "If that's the case, then why are you running?" He asked her.

The Salvatore turned to face him with a smirk, walking backward. "To get away from you, of course. Your presence is beginning to annoy me."

Studying his spectral appearance, she realized that Cade looked the same as when he died: dark matted hair, a black trench coat with coal-colored leather boots, and eyes that matched the color of icicles. His clothing underneath the coat was in a wrinkled disarray as a result of the strong winds he had created with his magic.

He had felt the need to impress the female Salvatore with his magic, but he had never expected the strong winds to be too much for him. Such winds took away all of his energy, and therefore, were the cause of his death.

Luck seemed to be on her side as she finally felt the surface of a door touching her back. She gripped the handle and pushed the door open to allow herself in, quickly shutting it to somehow keep Cade out, though she knew it wouldn't work.