Chapter 1: An unforgettable memory

The third time I am uploading this same story, and I've finally gone on and completed it. Right now, I don't really expect many readers and such grand rankings, but I just wanted to get over this so I could focus more on my studies. However, I still hope you guys enjoy this story nonetheless. 

Well, without further ado, here is the first chapter of "Making Memories Together"! Enjoy!

As our heroes travel through the Kalos region, Ash and his friends have had many experiences as they work towards achieving their respective dreams. Right now, they are headed towards Gloire City for Serena's Master Class, and all of them have stopped at a lush green field for a little break for lunch and to practise.

~~~~~

With Serena

Braixen, Pancham and Sylveon gathered in front of Serena, and she said enthusiastically with a wide grin, "You guys did so well for the rookie class performances, and I would not have gotten here without your help. Now, we have to work even harder to claim the title of Kalos Queen. This will not be easy, so are you guys ready?"

"Braixen, Brai!!", "Cham!!!", "Eon!!". Serena looked at her pokemon with pride, and was glad she could call all of them her dear friends. They then started to brainstorm brand new ideas, combinations and movesets for all of them to do, with even more determination than they ever had. All of them had one goal in their minds: To win that coveted title of Kalos Queen.

With Ash

On the other side of the field, Ash released all his pokemon and Pikachu jumped down from his shoulder. He then made a fist and said, "Come on guys, one more gym badge then it's off to the Kalos League! This year will be the year I win a league! You guys up for that?" All his pokemon shouted in joy, and Ash punched the air in confidence. They went on to practise different strategies for their next gym battle, all with the goal of winning the Kalos League.

~~~~~

"Yes Greninja, direct your shurikens in the direction you want them to go. And Hawlucha, we just need to polish that flying press and you're good to go." Lunch was taking longer than expected to prepare, and both Ash and Serena decided to continue on with their practice. Ash was glad of the progress they had made that day, and thought about all the pokemon in his team and how much they had grown over the past few months. Each of them had grown in their different ways, but have ultimately gotten much stronger than before.

He never thought of them as a possession or a creature to be controlled, rather he thought of them as good friends that accompany him on everything he does, and stick with him through thick and thin. He smiled, knowing that his pokemon are that loyal to him.

Ash then looked over at another person, who he thought, had grown so much since the start of the journey. Serena, who was smiling while commenting on her Pokemon's moves. He had to admit, there was something about Serena that just made him genuinely at peace and happy. He had always felt some kind of warm and fuzzy feeling inside him, but no matter how familiar it was, he just couldn't put his finger on it. 

Over the past few months journeying alongside her, Ash himself admired Serena's determination, kindness and care, yet he also admired the amount of support she had given him during his battles. Till now, whenever he looks at Serena, he couldn't help but think about how cute she was, especially when she smiled.

Pikachu saw Ash in a trance and looked over to where he was staring at. He then smirked and wondered if his trainer, after SO long, had finally realised something so obvious.

"Looks like someone's about to change his mind about training?" Pikachu said

Ash heard this, got the gist of what Pikachu had said, and immediately blushed, saying, "Umm... no, I... er... just wanted to see how she was doing!" Pikachu shook his head, and Ash continued, "But I just wanna be able to help her in the performance." He thought for a while and finally decided: He would change his schedule a bit.