Chapter 6: A disappointing result

Here we go. Finally we are at the 1st Snowbelle City battle, something that I thought I would never write, but here we are. I will basically be copying the battle in the original episode, because I have no creativity to write my own one HAHA. However, there will be a little filler at the beginning, so at least there's something original in this chapter.

So, without further ado, here is the next chapter! Enjoy!

Travelling to Snowbelle City for Ash's 8th gym battle, the Kalos gang arrive at another plain field. They decided to stop there for lunch, and Ash took this opportunity to do some final preparations.

Ash let out his pokemon, and told them, "All right guys, this is it. The final stretch to the Kalos League. Let's give it our all!" He raised his fist to the air, his pokemon mimicking his expression. With more determination than ever, they went on to master their moves, training harder than ever. Ash looked at his pokemon with pride, and thought to himself, "Look out Kalos League, Ash Ketchum is coming for ya."

Serena was helping to set up lunch with Clemont and Bonnie, and looked over to see Ash huddling up his pokemon to discuss the different battle strategies that they would use. She couldn't help but smile at the confidence and determination that he had. Bonnie walked up beside her, and said teasingly, "You really can't take your eyes off him, can't you?"

Serena's face immediately turned bright red, as she slowly faced the yellow-haired girl. She started to stutter, "Uh... uh, you see, uh... I just wanted to see umm... how he's doing." Bonnie sighed and shook her head, and said, "You know, you should probably tell him someday. Who knows, maybe he might return your feelings, and that just depends whether he's still dense or not."

Clemont, who accidentally overheard the girls' whole conversation, chimed in, saying, "Serena, as much as I would like to scold Bonnie for saying that, she's right. You have to make your move sooner or later. Remember the conversation we had back at Gloire City."

Serena's blush faded, and she looked back over towards Ash, who was training his pokemon in a mini battle. She then made up her mind, and turned back to the Lumiose siblings with a determined expression, "You're right guys, I will tell him in the next couple of days or so." Clemont and Bonnie were satisfied with her answer, and the three of them finished up the preparations for lunch. After a few minutes, the gang sat down at the makeshift table

~~~~~

Once lunch was done, they continued their travel towards Snowbelle City. As they went deeper into the forest, snow started to fall, and the weather was getting considerably colder.

"Looks like it's snowing. We must be getting nearer." Clemont explained.

The rest of the gang nodded, and all of them put on their respective jackets. They then continued walking down the path, looking at the snow covered trees surrounding the path. No one noticed Bonnie slowly creeping away from the group, a wide cheeky smile plastered on her face.

The group walked in comfortable silence, waiting to reach Snowbelle City. Suddenly, a large snowball flew straight at the back of Clemont's head. Ash and Serena turned around to see who threw the snowball, only to see Bonnie holding two more snowballs in both her hands, a mischievous smile on her face. Before they knew it, both Ash and Serena were covered in snow, and Bonnie rolled on the ground laughing.

"Bonnie!" Clemont exclaimed, a look of pure annoyance on his face. "Sorry brother, but I felt bored." Bonnie replied.

Just then, a snowball flew right at Bonnie, causing her to stumble and fall into the snow. Ash and Serena were quite a distance away, both taking battle stances while holding snowballs in their hands.