Chapter 9: The start of the rest of our lives!

And here it is. The confession chapter. This is basically the same as the one-shot I did a few months ago (if any of you have read it), but it will have a few tweaks. So without further ado, here is Chapter 9! Enjoy!

With Ash

"Well, this was probably a bad idea..." Ash paced back and forth, and thought with a nervous sigh. He was standing on a small grass field beside a lake not too far from the Pokemon Centre. In the moonlight, the lake glistened and shimmered, with the moon itself reflected on its surface. Adding on, snow lightly fell from the skies above, slowly covering the ground in a thin white blanket. Together, they created the perfect romantic setting.

Ash had arranged to meet Serena at that exact spot in a few minutes, and he was planning to confess his feelings to her. However, he was starting to get some second thoughts about it, which was especially unusual for him. He could make the most unique of strategies on the spot during battle, or even risk his life to save his Pokemon or his friends. You'd think he could be confident in this situation as well.

As time passed, Ash started to feel a kind of nervousness he had never felt before. It wasn't that kind of nervousness before an important league battle or something like that, it was just that this was way out of his comfort zone, and he feels he shouldn't be doing this at all. But being the Ash he is, he decided to continue with the plan and, well, get over it.

Ash heaved another sigh, and the only thing he could do is to pray for the best when Serena arrived. That night could either go perfectly, or horrendously wrong.

With Serena

Walking to the place where Ash had planned to meet her, Serena placed her hands on the ribbon that Ash himself had given her during the festival. That ribbon (of course plus the handkerchief that she had kept all those years ago), had been the two most magical things that she treasured. It was already quite clear that she loved Ash, even Bonnie had realised it, but these two things had just strengthened those feelings even more.

To be honest, she had also planned to confess to Ash a long time ago but never had the courage to do so. Now that he was asking her to meet up somewhere, just the two of them, she decided that she would finally do it there and then.

However, there was only one problem. Serena knew that Ash asking her to meet up with him had some kind of purpose, and she wished it was for that purpose. Again, she remembered what Ash muttered earlier before the battle, the words only she seemed to understand, "I'm sorry Serena, and I love you." And once again, that feeling of hesitation and denial engulfed her, and that same question appeared in her mind.

Had he really said that?

She slowed down her footsteps, and thought hard about what she was going to do. She really wanted to believe that Ash actually loved her, and that her chances of ending up with him were almost certain. However, there was always that doubt that he said something completely different.

Even if that was the case, at least telling him how she felt would be better than keeping it to herself, as that would allow her to clear her mind a bit more. She decided to be brave about this situation and pour out her feelings to him, and she continued walking.

As nervous as she was then, she knew. One of her only chances to finally be with the love of her life, right here. In her mind, she only hoped that that night went the way she wanted it to.

~~~~~

"Ash?"

Still leaning against a tree, contemplating his decisions, Ash turned around to see Serena standing a few feet away from him. He suddenly became even more nervous about what he was about to do here, and wasn't sure whether this was, all in all, a good idea to begin with.