Chapter 3: Race for the title!

Yay, it's time for the Master Class! I have been looking forward to writing this for a long time, and I have finally finished it. Hopefully you guys like reading it as much as I did writing this chapter! And without further ado, here's the third chapter!

It was finally the day of the Master Class Showcase, and Ash and the gang had just arrived at Gloire City. They stood on top of a hill overlooking the castle, the heart of the city, and the site for that year's Master Class showcase. "So Serena, this is it. You ready?" Ash asked. Serena sighed and said, "Well, I'm more nervous than ever, but I'm ready. Time to win this!"

After reaching the castle, Serena parted ways with Ash and the siblings and went to the dressing room, preparing for the first round. Just then, Monsieur Pierre announced to everyone through the castle speakers, "Good morning my fellow performers, congratulations on making it through to the Master Class. There has been a change of plan on the format of this year's Master Class. For the first round, you are able to bring one partner to perform with you onstage. You have 5 minutes, go!"

Serena immediately knew who to pick, and ran into the audience to look for Ash. Many guys were staring at her lustfully and intently from their seats, hoping that Serena would pick them, but Serena only cared about one person only. Once she found him, she started breathlessly explaining the current situation, and Ash stood there startled, "You want me to do a performance with you?" "Well yeah, I guess since you were the one helping me with the performance practice. This is the least I can do to repay you." Serena explained. Ash pondered about this offer, and thought that even though this is not in his comfort zone, again, he really wanted to see her do well this time around. So once again, he replied out of embarrassment, "Again, I would be willing to perform with you." He had a hint of pink on his cheeks, but thankfully Serena never took notice of it.

~~~~~

It was finally time to start the Master Class performances. Monsieur Pierre walked up to the stage and welcomed all the people in the audience. "Today will be a very special Master Class showcase. To mark a record 48 performers competing today, there will be a change in the format of today's events. This first round will further test our performers' teamwork with their pokemon, and with other people, which is the main reason for them to choose a partner. Yes, this first round is a head-to-head pokemon battle!"

In the dressing room, Serena looked over at Ash to see his reaction. His face was practically gleaming, and he was smiling from ear to ear. "Looks like I chose the right partner, didn't I?" Ash smiled at Serena, and said, "You really did. Looks like we will have quite a fun time, right Pikachu?" "Pika, pikachu!" Pikachu shouted as he punched the air, similar to how Ash does it. Like trainer, like pokemon, Serena thought, and she giggled.

Monsieur Pierre continued, "However, this won't be your ordinary pokemon battle contest. Since this is a showcase, performers and their partners will also be judged on the aesthetic factor, where each move a pokemon makes will have to show some class in their actions and the actual move itself. But, it's not exactly a very important rule. So, good luck to everyone!"

Serena became worried suddenly, and for good reason. For someone like Ash, dancing or fluid movements is not really his style. So how can he manage to please the audience with classy moves, let alone do them in a pokemon battle? Serena expected Ash to be worried for himself as well, but when she looked over, she saw Ash still having the same determined expression from a few minutes ago.

"Aren't you worried about this aesthetic factor? You know you are not the best ones out there." She added a slightly teasing tone to that last line.

"Why would I need to be? You're here with us, so I know we will never lose!" Ash punched the air once again, and gave his trademark toothy grin. That spirit is really something to admire, Serena thought, and was determined to win alongside Ash.