Chapter 8: The rematch

Well, here you go, the rematch chapter! There would be a little Amour part at the end, to be used as a build-up towards the next chapter. So without further ado, here is chapter 8!

"I'm sorry Serena, and I love you."

Serena couldn't believe what Ash had said, or at least, what she read it as. Her mouth was open ajar, and she lightly slapped her cheek to see if she was dreaming. Once she confirmed that she was not dreaming, she was left to question everything. She knew that Ash had already returned to his original self, but what he said a few seconds ago was totally unexpected.

"Did Ash, THE Ash Ketchum, the densest person in the world, just say what I think he said? No, he could never..." Then she thought about Ash's odd behaviour around her ever since the Master Class, and thought about the possibility. Has he finally gotten over his dense self? She blushed at the thought.

Off to the side, Bonnie had noticed Serena's expression, and was confused as to why she was acting in such a way. She was about to ask when the referee announced, "Everybody ready, battle begin!" They all refocused on the battle, and Serena left the thought to another time.

~~~~~

Ash stood in an attacking position, a determined look plastered on his face. He thought, "This battle is for you, Serena."

"Pikachu, Electro Ball!"

A ball of electricity formed on Pikachu's tail, and he released it towards Bergmite. However, Wulfric had other plans.

"Bergmite, slide!"

Bergmite slid on the ice, and easily dodged Pikachu's attack. Ash cursed under his breath, "I knew it!"

Wulfric then shouted, "Bergmite, Icy Wind!"

Bergmite blew a cold wind towards Pikachu. "Pikachu, heads up!" Pikachu then jumped up to try and dodge the attack, but a part of the icy wind hit Pikachu and froze him a bit. Ash knew that it would slow him down, but he had to try otherwise.

"Pikachu, use Quick Attack!"

Pikachu landed on the ice, and charged towards Bergmite, albeit a bit slower because of the impact of Icy Wind. Bergmite was able to dodge easily once again, and Ash followed up his attack.

"Pikachu, Thunderbolt!"

Pikachu charged up and shot his Thunderbolt towards Bergmite, who couldn't dodge in time. Bergmite finally took some damage.

"Still speedy I see. All right then, Bergmite, use Sharpen, then follow it up with Rapid Spin!" Wulfric commanded. The edges on Bergmite's body became sharper, and its overall attack strength increased. With the increased attack strength, Bergmite spun towards Pikachu at high speeds and hit Pikachu. Pikachu then flew towards the ceiling, and he came crashing down to the ground. Regardless, Pikachu stood up, still pumped for the rest of the battle.

Just then, an idea popped into Ash's head. "All right then, Pikachu, run around the battlefield!" Ash commanded. Pikachu then started running around the perimeter of the battlefield, the freeze slowly disappearing from his body.

"Fascinating indeed... Bergmite, use Rapid Spin again!" Wulfric commanded.

"Pikachu, Quick Attack!"

Bergmite spun towards Pikachu again, ready to defeat him this time. However, with the freeze now off him, Pikachu ran faster than ever. Both attacks clashed, but Pikachu ultimately did damage to Bergmite, knocking him back. Ash found the opportunity to finish it off.

"Pikachu, now use Iron Tail!"

Pikachu jumped up, and slammed down onto Bergmite with his metal tail. The powerful attack knocked Bergmite out, and he had swirls in his eyes. The referee acknowledged it, and announced, "Bergmite is unable to battle, Pikachu is the winner!"