Chapter 21: Our biggest milestone

And now, the wedding scene! Well, I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I did writing it. Without further ado, here is the second-last chapter of this story! Enjoy!

"What?!"

Ash and Serena had just announced to their friends about their engagement, and their next reactions were just about the same as the previous time.

May and Dawn squealed so loudly that the bird pokemon in the trees flew away. They were obviously passionate, especially about these kinds of romantic stuff.

"You guys are engaged?! I'm so happy for you guys!" May shouted.

Everyone else was more cool about the news. Iris and Misty were generally happy for both of them, and Ash could've sworn he heard Iris saying something about him being all grown up now. The boys all congratulated them on the engagement, reminiscing about how far Ash had come in life.

Just then, Dawn gasped loudly, causing everyone to turn their heads towards her.

"Wait, if you guys are engaged now, then that means... You guys are going to get married very soon! We need to start preparing!" Dawn said. The girls all started to get excited at the thought of preparing Serena for the wedding. Before long, Serena was being dragged by all the girls away from the group.

Ash saw all of this and lightly chuckled at the whole situation. He silently hoped Serena would be okay around them. He then turned to the boys, and asked reluctantly, "I really don't want to do this, but since the preparations have already started, shall we go as well?" Tracey, Paul, Brock and Cilan sighed, but ultimately agreed.

Drew, on the other hand, was smiling. He said, "Well, maybe it won't be as much of a drag as we think. I'm already married, so I can help you quite a bit Ash." Ash nodded in agreement, and the boys also set out to prepare Ash for the upcoming wedding.

~~~~~

With the girls

"Isn't this exciting? Preparing for another wedding! And this one is gonna be extra special!" Dawn said happily, walking in front of the group. Everyone else nodded in agreement. They walked slowly through the streets of the city, talking about basically everything from their lives to their boyfriends. It was an enjoyable girls' day out. Just then, Misty brought up an unexpected topic.

"Hey Serena, while the boys aren't here, describe Ash to us. We never had the opportunity to do so, but this is perfect." Everyone suddenly became intrigued and started nudging Serena, the latter blushing more and more.

Originally, it started off with Serena stuttering and speaking pure gibberish. Everyone began to realise that maybe it was something that she was not comfortable about, and was about to assure her that it's fine. However, they noticed Serena tightly holding the ribbon on her chest, and taking a deep breath.

"Ash is the world to me, to start it off. There are so many things about him which I admire so much. On one hand, he's brave, confident and strives to do his best in everything he does without giving up. I guess he's the one who came up with our motto, 'Don't give up until it's over'. On the other hand, he's super kind, caring, helpful and loving towards everyone. I swear on my life that there's no one else in the world as wonderful as Ash, and I'm so glad to have him as my boyfriend. I love him, and I'm willing to put my life on the line for him, as I know he would do the same. That's my honest answer." After that speech, the blush on Serena's face had lightened up a bit, and a big genuine smile was plastered on her face.

Hearing what Serena said, the girls smiled at Serena. They could really see and feel the love that she had for Ash, and now understood exactly how perfect both of them were for each other. All of them didn't say it out loud, but they vowed to make Ash and Serena's wedding the best one ever.