Chapter 7: Small "talk"

Here we go! A chapter that I have been waiting to write for such a long time now! I am very, very proud of what I wrote in this chapter, and I seriously hope you guys like it too! This chapter is something that everyone knows from that specific XYZ episode, and will also be more of a calmer chapter towards the end to show everyone's feelings and emotions. 

Well, enough with the long A/N. Without further ado, here is the next chapter of "Making Memories Together"! Enjoy!

"I... I lost?"

Ash looked at Greninja, who was still laid on the floor, and a frown formed on his face. He walked up to Greminja and returned him to his pokeball, and whispered, "I'm sorry. This is all my fault. I'm just too weak." He put the pokeball back in his pocket, and heaved a sigh, feeling disappointed in himself.

Wulfric then walked up towards Ash, arms crossed. He then knelt down and put one hand on Ash's shoulder. He then told Ash, "Hey, don't look too down on yourself. You have immense power that would make even the strongest trainers scared. You just need to think about every move more carefully, and put more trust in your pokemon. I look forward to a much better rematch." Ash just nodded.

As Ash walked out the doors of the battlefield, he was met with his fellow friends, who all had sympathetic expressions on their faces. He gave them a sad smile, and a look telling them "It's fine". Then, all of them walked out of the gym, and towards a nearby Pokemon centre. They decided they would stay for a few nights, until Ash won his gym badge and until they all had enough rest.

Walking towards the Pokemon centre, both Clemont and Bonnie suddenly were engaged in another one of their little fights, and were left to settle themselves alone. Ash, on the other hand, had his hands in his pockets, looking down in deep thought. Serena became increasingly worried about Ash's current state, but decided to leave him be for now, and talk about it with him later on.

~~~~~

After a few minutes of walking, the Kalos gang reached a Pokemon centre and checked into their respective rooms. As the rest of the group was unpacking their stuff, Ash appeared from his room, wearing his jacket. Serena noticed this and asked, "Ash, where are you going at this time?"

"Just to clear my thoughts." was his only reply, before leaving the Pokemon centre, hands in his jacket pockets.

Serena's worry for Ash had tempted her to go and follow Ash, but her thoughts were interrupted when Clemont shouted from his room, "Serena, could you help me out with this please?" She then went towards Clemont's room, completely forgetting what she was going to do.

~~~~~

Ash slowly walked through the dense forest in front of the Pokemon centre, his mind overflowing with recent thoughts. However, the main reason he needed time to himself was because of his gym battle loss. He came across a log laying on the snow, and sat on it. With a frown on his face, he started to ponder over what was supposed to be an easy gym badge win.

Ash thought about the moves and strategies he had used during the battle. All the moves, which he thought had already been perfected, had been countered without a sweat by Wulfric's pokemon. He suddenly remembered Wulfric's words before he left.

"You just need to think about your every move more carefully, and put more trust in your pokemon."

He then came to the realisation that he was probably too aggressive with his moves. Although they had been perfected, every move wasn't able to be executed properly so that it dealt any damage to Wulfric's pokemon. Ash sighed, and had concluded that the fault was on him. Not his pokemon, just him. He thought he was the reason for his gym battle loss, and that he disappointed not only his pokemon, but his good friends as well, especially Serena.