Louis Hurt his back during rehearsal

a/n I decided to write Larry instead of Nouis in the other story that wil come late July, keep you all up to date with the progress.

I went to the beach last night with my horse while the sun was settling down and it was the most magical thing I ever experienced

A long one, beware xx
***

Louis POV

We were at rehearsals, just going trough Our geography. We were a mess together as usual. Not really listening to anyone, just messing around.

"Niall I want you up there at that ramp" our geographer said. "And you Louis exactly the same on the other side. Liam and Harry you right there" he continued to say while pointing to the spots.

We decided to just not do what we were told to do, it was way funnier this way. Being in an band could be quiet boring sometimes, even when you are the most popular.

Things really started to get wrong about a hour in. I slipped and fell backwards. Falling flat on my back, laying stiff on the ground.

I felt pain shooting trough my lower back, squeezing my eyes shut, taking a deep breath. I heard footsteps rushing to me, and everyone was kneeled beside me when I openend my eyes. The lads and even Paul and the geographer.

3rd person POV

"Okay Louis, it's really important that you keep still for a minute okay, don't move" Paul instructed me sternly.
"What even happend?"
"I don't know"
"What do you mean you don't know, you were watching them all the time" Paul said back harshly to the geographer. Who decided to just walk away eventually.
"Right Okay" Paul said, taking a deep breath.
"Someone should call a ambulance Paul" Harry said suddenly.
"Yeah yeah your right haz, can you do that?" Paul asked.
"Yeah course, can I borrow someone's phone?"
"Here" Liam said, handing him his phone.
Harry quickly stood up and phoned 911.

"Okay what hurts the most Louis?" Paul asked.
"Back" Louis gritted trough his teeth.
"Okay, is it your lower back or more up?"
"Low"
"Alright, can you move your feet for one moment?" Paul asked, watching as Louis tried.
Eventually he feet moved after some trying.
"Good lad, and your hands?"
Louis did so.
"Okay that's good" Paul said, taking a deep breath.

"How much pain are you in on a scale 1-10, 10 being the worst pain you ever experienced?" Liam asked.
"9- I don't- ahh-"
"Alright take it easy, don't move" Paul said, moving his gaze from Louis to Niall, who was sitting there motionless, his eyes slightly unfocused.
"Ni" Paul said.
Liam his eyes gazed to Niall now also "you okay Ni"
Niall simply shook his head. "Feel sick"

"Liam can you get Niall to Louise? She will take care of him" Paul instructed. Liam seemed hesitant for a moment, "Liam go"
He stood up and brought Niall to his feet as well, walking to the area where Louise usually was, for doing the hair off the boys.

Harry came walking back, "they should be here in around 5 minutes Paul" he informed.
"Thanks good lad"
Louis squeezed his eyes shut in the moment, hissing.
"Sshh your okay Lou"
"A little longer Lad, then you get some pain relief."

"Where are li an Ni?" Harry asked Paul, rubbing his hand over Louis his arm in soothing manor.
"Niall was a bit in shock I guessed, he started feeling sick. I instructed Liam to take him to Louise, she will look after him in the mean time." Paul informed Harry.
Harry nodded back, moving his gaze back at Louis who seemed to get worse with every moment that passed.
"Paul" Louis suddenly whispered in a tiny voice.
Both being suddenly alarmed, "yeah what is it"
"Feels weird"
"What does?"
"Feels like pins and needles in my legs and arms"
"Oh no"
"What?" Harry asked Paul.
"Louis I need you to keep as still as possible, don't even move a inch you hear me" Paul said.
Louis looked more scared then ever, this was serious.
the paramedics just arrived at the building, Paul got trough his porto phone.

Two paramedics came rushing in, with medical bags and an spinal bord.
"Hello, what is your name" one said, kneeling beside Louis, opening his bag, taking out a blood pressure cuff.
"Lou-I" he said, grimacing in pain.
"Alright Louis, I'm Finn and that's Mikey" Finn said, while pointing.
Louis just followed his gaze before looking back. Mikey was taking his blood pressure which was a little high, same as his heart rate. But nothing surprising with the adrenaline that was running trough his body right now.
"He landed flat on his back, and he said that he felt pins and needles only minutes ago" Paul informed.
Finn and Mikey immediately shared a glance at each other, knowing that this could be a potential spinal injury.

"Okay Louis, we are going to give a neck brace, and we are going to strap you to a spinal bord and take you to the hospital" Finn said very slowly.
"Mikey is also going to give you some pain relief" Finn continued.
"Okay here comes a small pinch" Mikey said while he admitted the pain relief.
Louis flinched slightly before relaxing.

The put on the neck brace and stripped him onto the spinal bord before getting him into the ambulance. They told Paul to which one they were going to go, Paul thanked them one more time before taking Harry to meet Niall and Liam by Louise.

Coming into the room, Niall was laying on the couch which his arm draped over his eyes. Liam was talking quietly to Louise until they saw us.
"They have taking him to the hospital and they are treating it as a suspected spinal"
Liams face immediately shifted to very concerned.
Niall sat up fast, "we have to go there now Paul" he rushed.
"I already called our driver, he will meet us up at the car now, calm down Ni, it we alright" Paul said.

They all walked silently to the car, all concerned for their friend.
They met up with a lady by the Service desk, asking for a Louis Tomlinson.
"Very well, he just came in and is undergoing x rays now, you are free to wait in the waiting room, over there, trough that hallway. The doctor will meet you there with the results."

Waiting was the Hardest part of it all. The unknown.
The not knocking was was wrong with Louis. Niall was already slightly sniffling, the shock finally wearing off.
"Anyone here for Mr. Tomlinson?" A 30 aged doctor said.
Everyone stood quickly up.
"If you would follow me"
Everyone followed him into a quieter hallway.

"Let me say that Louis was a very lucky man, as you know we treated this as a suspected spinal injury. Which is very scary, I know. We took x rays, a MRI and a CT scan after a short physical exam. Unfortunately Mr. Tomlinson did have a break, a fracture-dislocation. Luckily it isn't as severe as we thought which is only good news. He has a back brace on, that we would need to wear for the following six to twelve weeks. He is on medication now and resting. We would like to keep him for a few days for observations before he allowed to go home with strict resting and minimal walking and exercising. You can visit him now if you want, he just down the hall here, in room 58."

Everyone nodded, taking in the new information. Thanking the doctor one last time before walking to the room.

Louis looked way smaller in the big hospital bed.
"Oh mate" Liam grimaced upon seeing him. They all took a seat around him.
"How you feeling" Harry asked.
"Numb I guess"
"Yeah I imagine, they got you on pretty heavy stuff" Harry chuckled.
Louis smiled back.

"I already phoned management when we were on our way to the hospital. You all will have the weeks off as long as Louis needs to heal, the tour has been postponed." Paul informed.
"Oh thank god" Liam said, "I don't know how I was going to Be able to perform without you, it would be so boring honestly"

Louis looked up to Niall, seeing as he had tears in his eyes. "Oh Ni"
Everyone's eyes went to Niall,
"Come give me a hug Ni, it's okay" Louis said.
Niall slowly walked up and gave a hug to Louis. Being careful with his IV, he began to softly cry.
"It's okay Ni, I'm okay" Louis said.
Niall let go off the hug and dried his eyes with his hands.
"I'm sorry" he admitted.
"Don't be"
"It was just scary seeing you lay there"
Louis smiled apologized, feeling sorry for the rest to see him like that, it must have truly looked scary. And it was, being told not to move is a scary feeling.

Louis was able to make a slow recovery, but he couldn't wait for it to do shows again. The people have shown incredible support online to him and his bandmates.