Chapter 3 // Johnnie

When we get back to our apartment, Kyle leaves his stuff in my bedroom since I have nothing but a mattress and a bottle of orange juice.

Since it was still early in the day, we decide to show Kyle echo park.

"It's so pretty I could cry." Kyle says, looking across the park.

"Isn't that what you did when you first watched one of my videos?" I ask, opening my tea. Kyle laughs and it was one of the most heavenly things I've ever heard. My laugh sounds like a fucking seal.

I have always had a bit of a crush on Kyle. He was cute and tall and funny and perfect but he's straight. And sure, he likes me as a friend but not romantically.

"I still cry while watching your videos." Kyle scoffs, moving the hair out of his eyes. "I mean what? I didn't say anything..."

Kyle sits on the bench next to me and rests his arm on the back of it, touching me slightly. I feel butterflies in my stomach but I push them away since guys do that all the time, it doesn't mean anything.

"#Kohnnie," Bryan says, sitting on the other side.

"Yep, he's my boyfriend." He says, half-hugging me with the same arm and putting his hand on my chest. I wonder if he can feel how hard my heart is beating.

I turn my body so I'm facing Kyle. "I love you, Kyle," I say dramatically. He moves in and make it look like we're about to kiss and I see Bryan Snapchatting. I hold Kyles cheek, blocking our mouths from the camera and we pretend to make out.

"Alright, lovebirds, you can stop now. I've stopped filming and people are staring." Bryan tells us so we pull apart. When I make eye contact, I see that Kyle is blushing.

It's totally nothing.

"Oh, we're supposed to meet Damon at the Veggie Grill in like two minutes."

"NO ONE TOLD ME I WAS MEETING DAMON." Kyle yells, standing up and putting his head in his hands.

"Sorry, I forgot to tell you." I laugh, beginning to walk in the direction we needed to go.

I actually didn't think Kyle was a fan of Damon. A lot of people were but Kyle's always late to find out things.

For some reason, Kyle holds my hand while we walk. I think he was nervous. He's mentioned a few times that not a lot of people at school like him, so maybe he thinks Damon won't.

"Calm down, he'll like you."

He lets go of my hand as soon as we get through the door of Veggie Grill. So much for that...