Chapter 8 // Kyle

"We really need to talk," Johnnie said as the two of us sat across from each other at a table.

"About?" Trying to seem absolutely oblivious to everything so I wasn't showing how I was freaking out inside. I was still waiting for Johnnie to tell me that he never wanted to see me again and that this whole thing was a mistake.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he said something like that to me. He's suppose to be crushing on Alex and not me, especially not dating me.

"What the hell is up with us? You don't just do all of that and forget about it." He whispered softly, making sure no one could hear him.

"I didn't want to forget about it," I mumble, looking down at the table. "I'll go home early if you want me to. I'll understand if you don't want to see me." Sniffling, I keep my head down hoping that Johnnie wouldn't notice the tears welling in my eyes.

"Please don't cry," Johnnies hand grabbed at my chin softly and pulled it up so I was looking at him. He gently wiped away my tears whispering, "I definitely don't want you to leave. These few days with you have been nothing but amazing and yesterday just made everything ten times better."  

"Do you really mean that?"

"Would I ever say something like that to you if it's all just a lie?" I shake my head, a small smile making its way to my face.

"But you're suppose to like Alex. Well at least that's what you tell Bryan all the time." My voice shook a little as I felt a pain in my chest thinking about Johnnie even remotely liking her.

"We all have our cover stories." Johnnie noted. "But trust me on this, she's just a friend. I only want you."

"So then what are we gonna do, its not like we can tell anyone about us."

"So you're implying that there is an us?" He smirked, looking at me with a glint of hope in his eyes.

"Well do you want there to be an us?" Johnnie nodded his head, smiling widely. "Then I guess we're something."

"Something is a little underrated don't you think? I believe boyfriends is a better term." I rolled my eyes, grinning widely.

Johnnie leaned over the table a little bit and pecked my lips softly before leaning back in his chair like nothing happened.

"Bryan can't know though. For all he knows, I have a huge ass crush on Alex." Johnnie grimaced at that thought making me chuckle a little bit.

"That's fine by me. I kind of like him joking around to be honest, it's funny."

"Again, at least you don't have to live with him."

After that, we ended up taking a stroll around the park just talking about random stuff like we always did.