Chapter 1

Axel was a 15-year-old boy, with a habit of making Kandi bracelets for a living. One particular day, he had an idea to start his own shop. Though no one bought from there because the bracelets had always been "overpriced". The kandi bracelets had 3,000 beads exact and were around 20 USD which could be considered a reasonable price considering the hard work he puts in during his leisure.

       Axel had been slouched into his decorated desk with pencil drawings of chibi characters and their expressions. He'd have his hands under his desk, cutting a piece of fabric into a string. Axel then reached into the depths of his desk, pulling out a 4x4x4 box that held Kandi beads inside, like a secret treasure. His hands began working, and each bead was carefully thought out and well placed. All this work and patience had been for his girlfriend, Nyoko

      The girl had thick brunette wavy hair and curtain bangs that hid her careful, gentle brown eyes. She's 5'4 and around the same height as her boyfriend. Her typical attire contained a black cropped jacket with a black harness, added with combat pants, fishnet socks, and topped with 1-inch combat boots. She has a lightning bolt tattoo on her left hand. Her style had always left Axel in awe, and so he would sometimes– or always craft cuffs and chains of his beads made in the shape of anchor chains, but had been relatively small compared to the life-size version.

      Axel mumbled as he fiddled with the bracelet, wetting his lips, engrossed in his piece of work. "3...6...9...12.."

     With an analytical eye, Axel analyzed the bracelet into how many beads he could fit in the thick strand of thread. 30 for the base and 3 beads of each color he used. Then what seemed to be a couple of minutes, he had finished. He had yellow for the middle and purple for the petals. He slipped the bracelet on his wrist, giving it a twirl. His eyes danced as the beads clicked together, creating a sound lovely to his ears. Axel had made the decision to keep it on till he came across Nyoko. Her name had left a sweet taste in his mouth.