Chapter 4

Axel had been listening to the tunes on the radio while he drove to pick up Leo from school. Though it had been easy, he would much rather head straight home and work on his bracelets. Axel had left school around 2:30. Leo arrived an hour later, around 3:00. Not much of a difference there.

As Axel pulled into the parking lot, he took out his phone from the pocket of his jeans, swiping through different apps. Not much in particular caught his attention. Axel whipped his head up now, spotting Leo skipping past dozens of children heading to their respective cars. Leo hopped in, his knobby knees supporting his backpack.

"How was school?" He grinned and peered back at Leo. Leo held a sloppy, pastel-colored drawing made with cheap Crayola crayons the school often held in their art room.

"It was amazing! We got to draw." Leo let out giggles of joy, which always gave Axel his own hedonic.

"Great. It looks good, Leo. I'll hang this on my wall." Axel smiled, pointing at the figures and making out each individual drawn on paper. He'd then reach back to place it in his brother's hands.

"Why not sign the date? That way we can keep it forever." Axel looked behind to see Leo staring at his masterpiece, a surge of triumph flooding Leo's face was sure a sight to see.

"Okay!" Leo unzipped the front pocket of his bookbag, neatly stuffing it inside while he flattened it.

Axel pulled up in their driveway, cats scattered around sunbathing. Noticing the big, monstrous giant, they sprinted off into a clowder. Axel unclipped himself from his seatbelt, though Leo was small, he had still been capable enough of doing the work for himself.

Axel had spent their remaining time chasing each other around the house. Though they called it to tag, it was more a game of hiding and seek. Not exactly how Axel planned to spend his after noon.

While cornering the poor doomed Leo, he remembered he had to fix his mother up a snack before she got home from work.

Axel sliced the cucumbers into thin, bite sized chunks. He reached for Morton Salt, flickering it over the cucumber chunks to add flavor. For a side, he added salted pretzels and cheese.

Axel wiped the bang off his brow, Leo watched with enthusiasm, like his mother did while she watched the cooking show. Leo interrupted and snatched some pretzels in the tray, greedily stuffing it into his mouth.

Axel watched with a concerned look, eyeing the TV then.

"W-wanna watch some cartoons?" Axel looked at Leo setting the tray on the table for their mother to enjoy.

Leo's eyes widened with excitement. "Paw patrol! Paw patrol! We'll be there on a doubleeee!" Leo cheered.

Axel laughed and put it on and watched with him, enjoying his brother's laugh. Leo ended up falling asleep with the pretzel bowl in front of him, Axel grabbed it and covered Leo with a blanket. He turned on 'Heartstopper' and watched it before his mom got home. Then it was time for him to clean the house, do chores and other things to help his mom out. He took Leo into his own room and tucked him in for the night. Axel will just make him a bigger breakfast and pack leftovers for his lunch. 

The Kandi KidOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara