[15] A M N A

AMNA

I slide down from Aqwa when we get close to a huge gate. I swat my hand over my dress to clean the specks of dust on it. Jawad's gaze lingers on the Iron Gate. I stretch my hand to tap his shoulder. He turns before my hand gets to him. I awkwardly retrieve my hand and put it behind my back. He raises a brow, my hand was close to his face when he turned. It looked like I was about to hit his face.

I twine my hands behind me and lick my lower lip. "Sorry... I wanted to tap you."

He hummed in response. He casts me a glance, then holds Aqwa's reins in his hands. Is he preparing to go? He looks into my eyes and I can notice something. He looks tired, facial crease is on his forehead and eyes. He still looks handsome, but something is missing.

This isn't the first time I'm noticing his stressed look. The other day when a guard approached him during our conversation in the garden. When he came back, he looked sad and tired. I wanted to know what the problem was, but he wasn't ready to talk about it. I let go because I know everyone has bad days occasionally. Even I also have those moments. But when it prolongs, you mostly need a shoulder to rely on, someone to talk to. I just hope he is okay.

He wraps Aqwa's reins lightly around his hands. "You can go in..." he points at the gate. I continue staring at him. "Have fun."

"I thought...I thought you are coming with me." I don't mean to stutter, but I can't help it when I'm with him. His presence, scents and words clouds my brain.

He shakes his head lightly. "No, it's a female gathering...I'll leave now." My brain tells me to wave my hand and walk towards the gate, but my mouth betrays.

"Why are you here?" I know it can't be because of me, but... he doesn't want me to go in the first place. He looked as if he wanted to pounce on the Malika when she said I was going to attend the event. And if he wanted to come here, he would have mentioned it to me. I mean, I'm his wife.

"Work." He answers shortly. A part of me wanted his answer to be you. Not only a part of me, Whole of me. But I guess I have to take things slowly. We are newly wedded. And we haven't known each other much. I don't expect me to be the only thing in his mind. He's a prince for Allah's sake; he has other better things to take care.

Why am I acting like this? I don't normally care if things are not done for me. I guess that is what happens when you have been exposed to a little form of affection by your gorgeous husband.

"Okay..." I break the thick cloud of silence. I give him a cheeky smile. He tugs his lips up slightly, a tired type of smile. Maybe it's the journey. "I'll go now." I wave him, which he does the same, then I turn my back and amble to the gate.

I'm holding myself from turning back to watch him for the last time, at least for today until I see him again. I give in and turn my back when I get in front of the two guards guarding
the gate. He's still right there staring back at me. His gaze holds mine for few seconds, then he turns his back. I sigh, then face the guards.

The two guards watch me expectantly, like they have been waiting for me to twirl my head. I raise a brow.

"Amna, from Dhahab kingdom?" one of them says. I take a step backward. I should know if I'm in trouble, so I can run after Jawad. He won't have gone too far. I'll catch up with him in no time, except-

"Come in. the guards have been searching for you." I almost forgot I was lost for a moment. If Jawad didn't find me, I'd have been lost.

"Okay." I reply then walk through the gate which was already half opened. I lose my balance and almost fall on the floor when someone suddenly flings their arms around me. The action was swift that I didn't get hold of the person's face.