4

I couldn't sleep. I was rolling in my bed from side to side when I thought it would be best to take a walk. I decided to go to the astronomy tower.

When I got there, I went to the bars and grabbed the last one. I enjoyed the silence while watching the beautiful night sky.

"Hi!"

"AA!" I jumped and turned around to see from where the voice came.

"I'm sorry for scaring you." Regulus approached me and leaned on the bars

"It's okay." i turned back to watching the sky. With the edge of my eye, I notice that he was still leaning against the bars and instead of the sky he was looking at me. I mean, I'm sure he was looking at me because he had his back to the sky.

" Y/n can I ask you something?"

"Sure, go ahead." i didn't turn to face him.

"What happened to your cheek?"

"I bumped into a door."

"What about your neck? Did the same door do it to you?"

I swiped my fingers around my neck and looked at him.

"Why are you still with Tom when he visibly abuses you?" he pushed himself away from the bars and walked closer to me.

"He loves me." i stepped back.

"Someone who loves you wouldn't do this." he grabbed both of my hands.

"He doesn't mean to do this. He just got angry about my stupid mistakes, I'm the problem not him." i looked down at my feet.

"If he really loved you, even if he got mad at you, he wouldn't hit you."

"He really loves me." at this point i was trying to comfort myself.

"Are you sure?" Regulus grabbed my chin and made me look him in the eyes. I didn't answer him. I couldn't answer something I didn't know the answer to.

"You can't answer me because you know he doesn't love you. You just don't want to accept it."

A tear rolled down my cheek because I knew he was right.

"Sometimes you have to give up so you can be happy. " he wiped my tear away with his tumb.

"I'm scared Regulus."

"Why?"

"Because if i broke up with him he's going to be so mad and who knows what he's going to do to me." more tears left my eyes.

"I will protect you, Y/n." he held my face with both hands.

"No, you will be in danger."

I grabbed one of his hands and pulled him to sit against the wall. After we sat i rested my head on his shoulder and he rested his head on my head.

"If he sees us talking or even just standing next to each other he will freak out. I mean he wants to kill you only because we bumped into each other a few times."

"Well he isn't the only one who wants to kill me because of that." he laughed.

"What do you mean?"

"Sirius doesn't really likes the fact of us."

"Well, i guess we should keep our friendship a secret. And why Sirius has problem anyways?"

"Yes, we should ignore each other in public and because he is my older brother and our relationship isn't the best."

"Oh well, maybe i can talk to him." i looked at him.

"I don't think that would help. He hates me." Regulus looked the other way.

"I'm sure he doesn't really hate you. All siblings fight."

"Well our thing isn't only a fight. He was my hero, my best friend but when he was sorted into Gryffindor our mother freaked out and everything changed." when he finally looked at me he was crying.

"Oh, Reggie." i hugged him

"Reggie?" he backed away.

"Oh sorry is there any problem if i call you Reggie?"

"No, no it's fine i'm just shocked. No one called me Reggie before." he hugged me.

"Well that's good because only i can call you Reggie." i laughef and he did as well.

"Anyway, why did you came here? I mean don't get me wrong it's not like i don't want you here. " i looked away because awkwardness sat between us.

"I think we should go back to our dorms." as he didn't respond i stood up but he grabbed my hand.

"No please only a few minutes more. I had nightmare as always that's why i came here."

"Oh i'm sorry. But if you want you can talk with me about your nightmares or about anything i'm here for you and always will be." i sat next to him again.

"I always see the same nightmare. My mother beating me up as a punishment. She used to do it when i was a kid i'm glad she doesn't do it anymore." he rested his head in my lap and i started playing with his hair.

I actually didn't know how to respond to that or how to comfort him. I wish i could.

"It's okay now." i leaned and kiss his cheek.

"Thank you." he turned around to face me.

"Thank you for being next to me in my worse time." i said and he sat up. Regulus looked in my eyes for a few seconds and then hugged me again.