6

New mom hasn't made me go to therapy, or school. I do it all online now. I'm alone in the house though. Mom goes to work from 4 in the morning till 10 at night. So it was up to me to get the boys up. Every morning I got up at 4 to say goodbye to mom. I'd make the pancake mix and start Nixon's coffee. I wouldn't let Dylan have any. I would wake Dylan up first, he took longer to get ready. This morning he begged for a kiss but I just pulled him out of bed and walked to Nixon's room. I woke him up, went downstairs, made pancakes, put them on the table followed by the coffee. Then they leave. Dylan attempted to peck me on the cheek on the way out but I backed away. I do my work and they come home. This time Peter was with them, and Dylan had a nasty bruise on his jaw. I couldn't see, but I'm sure Nixon had some bad bruising too. Dylan put his bags down and went to hugged me but I shied away. It was like I was slowly getting sucked back into my shell I went up to my room without saying anything. I listened carefully through my door, trying to hear what they were saying. I could make it out pretty clearly as they went up the stairs.

"Why's she so shy?" A new voice, Peters voice rang out. Peter was about half an inch shorter than Nixon. He had orangey hair and brown eyes, fair skin and well built.

"She has anxiety." Nixon explained. I could feel him in pain at my sudden distantness.

"But she's so hot." Peter said.

"Don't be an ass Peter." Nixon retorted. I opened my door a little, only letting one deep, sea blue eye look over the boys. They didn't notice so I opened it a little more, so my whole body was displayed. I cleared my throat to get their attention.

"My names Bexley." I said, introducing myself to Peter.

"Bexley." Peter huffed, "that's a pretty name," I looked down, blushing at his compliment. "A beautiful name actually," felt him lift my chin, "especially for such a beautiful girl." I opened the door to my room a little.

"Okay Peter, wrap it up. She's got a boyfriend." Nixon huffed.

"No I don't." I said quietly, walking out of my room.

"You're not dating Dylan?" He asked me confused I shook my head. Did people think that? A small lump grew in my throat. I sucked in a sharp breath. "Hey now." Nixon said. I grasped the doorframe.

"Wow." Peter said backing up, "what's going on? What did I do?" He held his hands up like he didn't touch me.

"Don't worry about it." Nixon told him, wrapping his arms around me. He scooped me up and brought my into his room, laying me down and straddling me. Pressing our foreheads together. I wanted him to kiss me at that moment. And I think he would have. But Abigail walked in.

"What is going on in here!"she screeched. My breath hitched, the lump growing larger and my chest tightening. Next thing I know, Nixon was pushed off me and Abigail slapped me. I rolled onto the floor, trying to catch my breath.

"Dyl." I whispered, I hoped he would hear me. A foot was driven into my stomach. One. Twice. Three times. Nixon was shouting for her to stop and for Peter to do something while he went to get Dylan but Peter just stood in the doorway, looking smug and amused. I couldn't breathe, I felt like I wasn't there. Like I was on the sidelines watching her best the shit out of me. I coughed a little, trying to breath. Eleven. Twelve. Thirteen times she slammed her foot into me I was trying to scramble away before but now I just laid there and took it. Nixon returned with Dylan and Nixon pulled Abigail away while Dylan held me close. I looked up at him thankful for his presence. I could breathe again, but I started crying. I balled my eyes out as he held me, rocking my back and forth. I could only make out some of the shouting between Abigail and Nixon.

"Anxiety. Anchor person"

"Too much. Not enough"

"Give it up"

"I don't like her. She's with my brother"

"You're mine. Not her anchor anymore"

Dylan picked me up and brought me away from the shouting into his room it was relatively clean there was a shirt on the floor and that's it. He helped me out of my skinny jeans and tank top, laying me down on his bed. He was so gentle. He stripped himself and joined me, pulling the covers over our bodies and me on top of him. I breathed in his scent. I was home, I was comfortable, I was happy. I let my fingertips glide up and down his sides. He was the epiphany of perfect. I closed my eyes and relaxed into him. I listened to his heartbeat, the steady thud inside his chest was a reminder that there was a living thing that cared for me.

"Dyl?" I whispered into his chest.

"Yeah Bex?" He stroked my hair. I didn't know what to say, I just needed to hear his voice.

"Nothing, I just need to hear your voice." I admitted.

"Want me to keep talking then?" He asked, I nodded and he sighed, thinking of what to say. "You're beautiful. Truly beautiful." He stared up at the ceiling, not daring to make eye contact. "I couldn't imagine my life without you."

"You're just saying that." I replied, my body aching. I shifted and my skin felt like it was tearing, like someone hit my with a hammer.

"I'm not." He whispered, "I promise." I closed my eyes once again and let myself drift off into a peaceful dream land.