10

Knock knock knock. Go away. Knock knock knock. Why won't he go away? Knock knock knock.

"What do you want!" I shouted, startling myself.

"Come with us. Please Bex." He pleaded.

"I don't wanna." I called in return.

"Yes you do. You know you do." I huffed, he was right. I really wanted to go.

"Fine." I smiled to myself, "be out in a second." I quickly threw on my super cute black and blue, strappy triangle bikini top any my black bottoms with braided sides. I threw on a patterned sundress over it, with flip flops. I left my room to find Nixon outside my door, leaning against the wall waiting for me. My smile faded.

"Ready?" He asked softly, not making eye contact. I nodded slowly, following him down the hall. The tan walls seemed to close in. I took a deep breath and ignored them. I was going swimming. Nothing was going to stop me.

"Ready babe?" Dylan smirked as we approached.

"I'm not your babe." I glared at him. He mumbled it to himself and to Cam. I wasn't meant to hear it, but I did. It was four simple words that, combined, made me extremely angry. Extremely angry.

"Someone's on their period." Those hushed words lit a fire beneath me. Like the ground underneath me was so hot that you couldn't touch it for too long or it will melt you, consume you completely. But I was also really excited so I bolted, I lost my flip-flops by the tire swing that lay swaying under an old willow tree that draped lazy over the back left corner of the yard. I ran hard into the back woods, my body grew hot. I kept running, it must have been three or so minutes because I grew close to my destination. I pulled my dress off and kept running, bare footed and only in a bikini. Things pierced into my feet. The pain in my feet hurt, but the fire beneath my feet hurt more. I was pissed and sad and now being chased by three teenaged boys. I ran fast to my destination, I saw the waters twinkle just beyond. It had stopped raining and was a beautiful day outside. I finally got to where I wanted to be. Without a second thought I jumped, plunging down into the glistening water below. The cliff wasn't big, but not small. A decent height of about twenty feet. I came up from underwater and saw the boys at the top of the cliff panting. Nixon stood to the right, hands over his head opening up his lungs to get more oxygen inside them. Can was in the middle, hands on his knees, looking down at me. Dylan was on my left, hands on his hips, walking in small circles. I smiled, giggling. The water around me clear and blue. My lungs didn't burn, but I knew theirs did. I felt better. I felt fresh and new. A great feeling.

"Damn you're fast." Cam said, still breathing heavy. A few more huffs and he caught his breath. I swam over to Big Rock which was basically a perfectly flat rock just inches above the water line and about seven feet in any given direction. I pulled myself into it the sun and the water felt nice. I watched the boys peel off their shirts. Abs. That's all I could think about each one has them and it was beautiful. I watched carefully. Cams calf muscles moved as he walked. Dylan's back. Nixon's arms. I felt blesses at that moment.

"Hey mermaid girl!" Cam shouted down to me, "can I join?" I just smiled, waving him in. I looked at the rock walls towering above us. I heard a shout and looked in the boys direction. Cam ran of the cliff, flipping in the air. Feet first in, he submerged underwater. I felt a moment of joy. It was just cam and I alone in a giant bowl of water.

"Get over here!" I squealed, holding my arms out to him. I felt giddy, honestly overjoyed that Dylan couldn't get to us at that moment, that Nixon couldn't screw anything up. Cam was a new person in my life. It's been a while since I've met someone new. He swam over, pulling himself up beside me.

"You having fun?" He asked, his white teeth shown as he smiled. I returned his smile.

"I guess." I watched the boys as Nixon ran over the edge, plunging down towards the water.

"You should be." I looked at him confused, his warm, swirling caramel and chocolate colored eyes met mine.

"Why?" I weakly smile at him, I heard another splash and new Dylan was in the water. His hand snaked over my knee.

"You're beautiful." He smirked, rubbing small circles on my knee with his thumb.

"Hey! Cam! Keep your hands off her!" Cam slowly drew his hand away as we looked over to see the boys swimming over to us. I rolled my eyes, standing up, walking to the other side of the rock. Someone sat beside me. I didn't look to see who it was. "He shouldn't be touching you." A hand went to my thigh. I slapped it away.

"Neither should you." I hissed, scooting away, water running past my legs as they dragged threw it.

"What are you talking about baby?" He leaned closer to me.

"I'm not your baby." I hissed. He put his hand on my thigh. "Stop." I braked at him. He didn't. "Stop it!"

"Dylan." Nixon scolded, "hands off." They were talking about me as if I were artwork, no one can touch me. I huffed as Dylan stood up. I heard splashing and shouting and boys having fun. I slipped into the water quietly. I held my breath and went underwater. Nixon would know where I went. I swam into the cavern of the rock. I came up in it, air thick and warm. A 4" by 4" hole in the top constantly provided fresh oxygen. I listened to them shout more. Then it stopped. Three words echoed threw my little cave.

"Where'd she go?"