XIII - Lifetime

TW: Manipulation | Su*cide

➤ Now that I had a few hours to myself,
I could finally make both worlds stand still.

 The keys cold metal was still pressing against my closed palm, begging me to get used

The keys cold metal was still pressing against my closed palm, begging me to get used. I granted them their wish, standing up from bed in a daze, slowly walking towards the front door.

I had the time, I had the reasons. I had it all.

Golden eyes watched me at the back of
my head, showing me the place I most desired.
A creature was ripping half its face open with a metal claw, calling for me to join their hurt.
Then there was a women with a warm smile, walking quietly besides me, anticipating my next and possibly last move. She was the only one I had never seen before.

I heard the big creatures voice in my head: Don't you feel it too, your whole life, this great, horrible despair?

I pushed off my slippers whilst walking down the empty streets of the home town I had never been able to leave, the asphalt feeling warm beneath my bare feet.

It had to be close to midnight, that's what all the darkness and silence around me indicated.
The calming warm breeze hitting against my skin made me feel quite content, even though I was in the middle of getting lost forever.

With sore feet I walked myself over to the bridge, my gaze wandering towards the black pool of darkness right behind the short metal railing.

The stranger next to me smiled once
more, standing close, closer to the edge than I thought possible.

Golden eyes shined expectantly at the back of my head, forcing me to forget my sanity. Come now, it called, go on.

Anything I had been thinking got washed away by the sadness I'd felt over the last hours, weeks, months and years.
My bare feet felt numb when they came to a sudden halt. They pushed me up the railing, making shivers of fear run through my body. My heart screamed of terror, but the appearances inside my head kept me moving.

The golden eyes of desire.
The sight of despair.
And the welcoming of death.

My knuckles popped out white as I held
on to the sharp rusted metal, looking over my shoulder, down the deep dark unknown. How long would I fall? How long would it take for my lungs to lose air and my breath to be stuck in my throat? Could there be a current that would pull me deep down?

"Come on, little lamb, you can do it." A silky voice purred. I looked up at an elegant silhouette, standing beneath the glow of a lamp light, its smile contagious. "Do what your heart desires." It told me, making more and more fog cloud my conscious.