XV - Bet

"I will try to help however I can, but first you'll have to stop asking me all these questions

"I will try to help however I can, but first you'll have to stop asking me all these questions."
Death exclaimed in annoyance, totally done with her brother pacing the steps to his throne up and down and up and down.

"We'll get her out of hell," He promised. "But I know she didn't do it herself." He almost spat, which made his sister raise her brows. "She has something to live for. She has dreams. She wanted to stay with me." He saw Lolita's eyes shine before his, the sundown of the cemetery mirrored in her dark eyes.

It made Morpheus more desperate, pacing faster. It made him hold on to all the frustration, until it was almost radiating off his body.

"Who was there with you? Who was there except for you and her?" She shook her head, building up a barrier. "I won't tell you. It will ruin us all." He already felt ruined. He felt like nobody really cared about how many times he had been betrayed, heartbroken and humiliated.
All they saw was a potential threat for themselves. He didn't want to think of his siblings in that way, they had probably been going through the most as well, but he was so sick of the pain. Why hide the reason from him? Why let him get at risk for suffering once more?

He shook his head, dropping the question.
He knew Lolita didn't do it to herself, he knew it, that's why he needed to get her out of hell as soon as possible. But how? How on earth were they supposed to break into Hell without causing an Armageddon?
He looked back at his sister, thinking.

That's when it hit him. It was simple, yet enough to get her back. And should everyone act the way they were supposed to, it would puzzle itself together.

He walked down the steps one last time, before striding past his sister, turning for her ever so slightly. Morpheus had a plan, and you better not interrupt him whilst plotting. "I'll go see for Matthew." He called out, leaving the halls.

Death sighed, letting herself drop on the abused stairs. Let's hope his mind truly had something to offer.

 "Ya wanna play bets with us?" Holux called, making me jump in the far corner of my cell

"Ya wanna play bets with us?" Holux called, making me jump in the far corner of my cell. I would've thought the heat in hell was unbearable, that it would melt the skin off my bones- but it was far worse.
It felt slightly hot, but there was a coldness clinging to my heart. And it spread out with each day passing by. If I'd know how time worked down here- It already felt like months, though it couldn't be. I hadn't dreamed yet.

I hadn't been much dreaming in hell, I knew I'd grow tired soon. And I was as exited about it as I was terrified. Morpheus had spoken to me about the bridge, about my darkest desires and fears that I tried to blend out through his dreams. Yet he should know I would never have wanted to leave him.

Would he abandon me?

I ran my hands over my own arms, the goo already dried and now stuck to my hands.
My mind still wouldn't comprehend that this was hell. A little bone cell, drowning me in all of my own thoughts, fears and desperation. And with-

"Ya can't lose anything in this game! Maybe some body parts, but that's all!"
Rolux called now. I turned back to the demons that had laughed over my pain the moment I entered. Yet they seemed honest about the offer.

"We wouldn't invite you if we hadn't a player gone." Holux spat at me, the liquid coming out of his mouth a heavy red. I flinched away. He started laughing.

"What happened to the other player?" Rolux looked back at his brother Holux, they both talking in unison.
"He got fried." I shook my head, trying to stand up once more. My knees felt like they wanted me to give in, my whole body asked me to give up on all and everything.
This had to be the effect of this gruesome afterworld.

"Fine," I said, my voice heavy. "I'll play. But no body parts and bets for me." "You can't play this game without bets!" They called, suddenly furious.
I shook my head, walking over to the wall structure of bones.

"Okay, then bet."

_________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this (bit delayed) chapter! It's not much, but it's something
I guess ♡

I just arrived from the airport yesterday evening and I DIDNT DIE so great for me.
I also don't have any Internet, I'm using my aunties phone to post these chapters for you guys! :)

The next chapters will maybe also come in a bit delayed, I'm not sure yet! I'll ofc try to post every day, but I can't promise anything!

Love, Author ♡