XXIV - Daughter

"But Morpheus, I can't sleep just now

"But Morpheus, I can't sleep just now."
I whispered to him, as if we weren't alone. "I'm not tired yet."

He'd moved back into the library with me after the rain had poured down on us, seated on the couch, making me pace before him. I'd been telling him all about hell, all about the things I learned and those still unknown to me. The half-demon part belonging to my father. The way I took enough strength to stay awake in the real world. The murder attempt on myself.
I had yet so many questions, so many question I needed him to answer.

"That's alright." He said, grabbing for my wrist. I stilled at his touch, looking down.

"I'll answer all of your questions, even those I don't know yet. Your thoughts will be clear with me." I felt his thumb run over my skin, feeling my rushed pulse.

"You gathered enough strength from your time in the dreaming and a few days in hell to be awake." Hell gave me strength? "That sounds so bizarr."
I muttered back at him, slowly getting down on my knees. He watched me, every move, as I leaned my head back against his outer thigh, staring against the big cuckoo clock close to one of the shelves.

"What is it?" I looked up at him, averting my gaze. It didn't take long for me to notice his fingers, lacing through my strands of hair, soothing me. "I still don't want to stay on earth." I confessed to him.

He shook his head at me, his hands leaving my hair, before his index finger could drop down, tip against my heart.
"Earth is close to you, but not as close as your home." I stared at him, taking over the role he mostly played, which was thinking, thinking and thinking.

"But what if I belonged not
somewhere,"

I took in his angular features. "But to somebody?" His dark tunnel eyes swallowed me whole, aware of my next words. "What if I don't belong to a place, but a person? What if home is you, Morpheus? You wouldn't grant me that forever." I got my head off his thigh, running my hands over my knees.

"You'll grow sick of me."

A short silence took my breath away, until it was replaced by his soft voice.

"No, I don't think I ever will." And I felt him lean down to me, making me wrap my arms around his neck almost automatically. He heaved me all the way up, making the both of us stand.

"You can stay in my Realm for all eternity." He whispered to me, heaving me up in his arms, making me float in the air. Making me fly.

I looked down on him, a rush of euphoria washing over me. "For all eternity?" He nodded, getting me close to him, his lips softly pressing against mine, tenderly, before he could slowly let me down on stable grounds again.

"Let's hope you won't grow sick of me, Lolita." I shook my head, a smile spreading out on my lips.
"I don't even think that's possible, Morpheus."