XVII - Give or Take

TW: Blood / Gore (little)

Hell granted nobody salvation.

➤ Hell granted nobody salvation

"I won." My voice was hard steel, not able to get bend by the foul maggot-mouthed demon. Denco was clearly unhappy with the way things had turned out for him, so seemed the rest of the demonic judges who had to deal with an existential crisis from now on.

"Be so kind and give me what is mine." A dream of heaven. It could've been any sort of dream, any but hell, because they were all linked to him. But heaven seemed liked the right thing to say. After all, that's what they truly dreamed about.

Holux and Rolux punched themselves to the front, ending up next to each side of Denco, a loser. "Yes, you won." Holux said. "But how do you want to get his dream?" Rolux said. "This bet is empty." Another demon called from the back, making all of them smile down at me in triumph. Stupid bastards.

"Just go to sleep, I'll take care of the rest."
Denco didn't look much thrilled, neither curious. "There is just one thing you don't get," He spat. "In hell, demons aren't granted to sleep as much as others do.
You'll maybe have to wait an eternity."
That's when another smile crept over his crusted lips, maggots moving themselves over his tongue, trying to escape.

I looked at both the siblings, unbothered.
"Well then, how about we'll send you to sleep?" Denco narrowed his dark eyes into tiny slits, making his gaze seem less swallowing than before.

Holux and Rolux on the other side, they seemed truly content with my request.
It didn't take them long enough to hit Denco across the head, once, twice, strong enough for him to tip over and go out.

"You should play more often!" One of them called, before Holux turned to me. "Your turn." And I closed my eyes fast enough to oversee the fist beneath my chin, making my head hit against the back of my neck, gasping for air I didn't need.

I was hit more than once, the demons clearly having fun on demolishing another form. The shock got overtaken by pain, making me plunge into darkness in mere seconds.

Yet trough the pain and chaos, I only had one name in mind.

Morpheus.

♡