XXIII - Reunited

TW: Intimate Touch OOP-

➤ "If you haven't found a punishment appropriate for your betrayal, I'll have to pick one myself."

Both the Angel and the Demon were content once they finished their overpriced five course meal, whilst I had left mine fairly untouched, my stomach still not well from the organs I'd seen splattered against hells walls

"You should eat." Crowley had told me, forcing me to take a few bites, whilst Aziraphale was nodding frantically, taking half of my left-over food for himself.

"So? What now?" I stressed, sitting before them, watching as they enthusiastically let their champagne glasses cling. "Why are you in such a hurry? Mister Dreamlord will come get you anyways." Crowley said, taking another sip from his champ.
"I can't babysit you for too long." He shrugged. "Not really my scene."

"Oh, come now, Crowley. Can't you see she is traumatized? Don't worry," A warm smile spread across the Angel's face. "He'll be there soon and it will all be alright. Satan is an evil beast, but Morpheus is an endless. After all, he makes dreams come true!" The Angel winked at me.

Crowley mimicked the Angel mockingly behind his back, obviously not content with the way we spoke of The King of Dreams. "Yeah, yeah, okay. Fine. Don't worry. It's not like we want to leave you rotting in some corner until then."

"Crowley!" "What? I'm a Demon. I have to keep my threats coming." This man had an unhealthy addiction with raising one of his brows and shrugging. "That's my job, you see."

"Well, I'm already half-demon, so you don't have to throw forced threats at me."
Aziraphale raised his glass at me, as if he were toasting my comment. Crowley was rolling his eyes behind the black glasses, unimpressed, but smiling.

"You know, if he should not visit today, you could sleep at the bookshop." Aziraphale said, as if he were able to make all problems go away. I tried to smile back at him, but it must've looked gruesome with my busted lips and broken nose, because his eyes widened slightly and his smile crumbled into uneasiness.

"You know, it would only take a miracle of yours to make her look alright again." He told Crowley, to which the Demon shrugged once more. "You are the Angel." He said, sighing as if defeated. "But I'll fix it before the Dreamlord comes along. I owe you this much." Crowley promised, standing up from his chair.

"Now, to the alcohol!"

♡