XXVI - Armageddon

Morpheus had promised Lolita his return with a deep kiss and four words rolling over his tongue: It won't be long

Morpheus had promised Lolita his return with a deep kiss and four words rolling over his tongue: It won't be long. Now he was no longer next to his sweet lover, but instead inside his siblings heart. The heart of desire.

"I come for your final answer." Morpheus whispered into the red chambers of the beating organ, making Desire shriek in surprise.
"My, brother, why must you always sneak up on me." Morpheus shook his head, fending off the accusation.

"Would you like me to be a bit like you? Truthful- Open, perhaps?" Desires eyes turned sour by the clear mockery, but Morpheus did not stop.
"No, that's it- Honest. Should I be honest like you?" That's when Desire snapped. "Oh shut it already!" They bit like a viper, getting up from their most beloved couch.

"I created something your heart desired. Something that understood you through more than the shells of flesh. Without me, you would still be walking earth all miserable-" Desire raised their arms high, as if presenting themselves as a savior.

Morpheus was unimpressed.
"Yet you tried to take her from me. As if she were not a gift, but a way to cut me. Deeply."

The Lord of Dreams took a step towards their sibling, breathing low, their eyes reflecting the bloody red of the chamber. "Now, stop it with the child's-play. Tell me the punishment you've decided upon." Desire fidgeted, looking back at their mirror, running their long nails through their perfectly blond waves.

"Her heart, eternal." Morpheus shook his head. "I already made it so."
Desire raised their brows in surprise.

"It would also be no punishment for you." Morpheus said, to which his sibling looked away, as if they were the one betrayed.

"Fine!" They spat, crossing their arms like a whiny child. "My punishment will be for me to step back then."
Morpheus furrowed his brows, but interest glimmered in his eyes.
"Continue." Desire rolled their golden eyes, walking away from the mirror, running their nails across their hearts chambers.

"You know how much I desire to nudge you, my dear brother. So won't it be punishment enough to promise you not to come close to what I created for you? That I won't touch it, look at it, come at its way? My creation for you, now simply a gift. No more treason." Desire smiled a soft smile with their red lips, "I could defend her, should something happen. That may sound no punishment, but you know Desire."

Morpheus paced before their sibling, evaluating. "I do know know the meaning of desire." He said, his voice a smooth liquid call. Desire nodded.
"The difference between the both of us is that I act to build for myself. That's your desire, something you want. You act for the people. Let them dream.
Which means I would break my code to protect your little thing. That's a sacrifice in my eyes."

"She has a name." Morpheus warned them, to which they tipped their head to the side, as if apologetic. "Fine, Lolita. If something were to happen to her once, I promise to," Desire's face turned into an overdramatic grimace.
"Protect her." They almost spat.