XX - Exchange

➤ Anthony Crowley, I thought,
I liked that name.

  "Ah, his fancy majesty!" Squatterbloat called, his voice thick with mockery

  "Ah, his fancy majesty!" Squatterbloat called, his voice thick with mockery. "Thought about crawling back to the Boss, begging for forgiveness? For mercy?" Morpheus raised both his brows at the Demon's taunting words, though they passed through him all hollow and irrelevant.

"Not quite." His voice mused, one hand raised to the demons eyes.
Once the tiredness overcame the Demon in a rush, he roared, eyes burning with fury.

Squatterbloat tried grabbing for his weapon, the steel ax strapped around his waist, but his heavy eyes betrayed him.
They closed, making him disappear inside one of Morpheus dreams. What a hideous guard, Morpheus thought.

He knew it was yet another insult towards Morningstar, though he didn't much care any longer. Satan owned what belonged to him. And he would get it right back.

Morpheus paced silently before the unguarded gates, waiting for himself to get caught.

All his mind had been occupied with for the past weeks, it had been this little dream he wanted to catch inside his
arms. Lolita.

She might only be half his, but it felt like she belonged to him in more ways than just her heritage. As if she were made for him, and he for her.

He replayed the moments they had spent in the Dreaming when she was gone, telling himself it was for mere research, though he knew that was a lie. Morpheus liked looking at the way she talked, the way her eyes connected to his. The way she watched everything around her with warmth, in this utter sense of aw.

He knew now that her eyes weren't always this big, she was just wondering all the time. And they were wide when she was wondering. The realization made him feel full with content.

It made him finally understand that he was never on top of humanity, demons or his dreams. He had only been a catalyst for their emotions and imagination.

He wanted to be her personal catalyst for all eternity. He would do anything for her to look at her surroundings once more, with these breathtaking, stunning wide eyes. With so much love and dream.

And now he was standing in front of Hell's gates, waiting impatiently to get caught by the other Guards. Crowley hopefully leading Lolita to the next best Gate without pulling much attention towards her.

To then finally meet her back inside his Realm. Back in the Dreaming, where she thrived, where she truly belonged.