Chapter 6: Beginning of the Journey

6 month later

Pihu's pov

I was walking in the terrace. I'm waiting eagerly for a call. I don't know when he will call. I was pacing back and forth in tension.

Finally my phone vibrated and i received it immediately.

"Hello sir....."

"Yes, pihu"- The voice of Vaidya ji appeared from the other side.

"How is he now? Is he talking???"- i asked in panick.

"You need to come here to know the proper situation....i can't explain it on phone"- Vaidya ji said.

I immediately ran outside. On the way i met jiji.

"Hey, wait...where are you going like this? Baba will scold you pihu...."- she told me.

"Please jiji,,,let me go....it's urgent..."

"Baba told you to not go there anymore,,,why don't you listen pihu?"

"Jiji, he has noone except me right now....i promise jiji, if i see him fine, i will immediately come back here...i just want to see him safe"- i cried.

Jiji stared at me for a while.

"Okay go....but come quick"

"Thanks jiji"- i thanked her with a smile.

I immediately ran out of our village house. My heart is beating crazily.

6 months back the horrible night came to my life. When Rajababu's collapsing life fell over my fate. I really don't remember how i have managed to bring him here.

Sometimes people lost memory of some terrible moments of their life.

Same happened to me. I just remember that i bind his head with my duppata so that his skull bone stay in the intact position. We booked a car and the first thing we did is to come here in our village.

Still i remember those men who were roaming near the railway station and asking everyone if any accident happened today. It took some time for me to actually realise that they did this to Rajababu.

The 5 hours journey to our village was a pure torture. Seeing Rajababu like this was the biggest punishment of my life. Baba told me if he is alive then we should take him to Vaidya ji. He is the best traditional healer of our village. I know people these days never believes traditional healers, but we have a faith on him. Though he has no scientific degree but he has a great knowledge about human body and also ethnomedicine.

He has performed many critical surgeries in his small laboratory. That's why we decided to bring him here. He will be safe in this village.

When Vaidya ji saw him that night, he just whispered God's name multiple times. I saw tears on his eyes that day. He just looked at us and told us something which still echoed in my ear.

"Can't believe that a human can do something like that to a human....it's really shocking how this man is still alive..i think God has some plans for him that's why still he is still breathing..."

Then Vaidya ji performed his surgery for almost 15 days. I regularly went there. Infact i spend my sleepless nights at the door of Vaidya ji. I cried and prayed multiple to god just to keep him alive.

May be God heard my prayer. Rajababu came out of danger but he was in a coma for the last 6 months.

Few minutes back Vaidya ji called me and informed me that he has opened his eyes.

My trance broke when the rickshaw driver told me that we have reached at Vaidya ji's house.

I quickly paid him and walked inside with a thumping heart. I'm only reciting all the prayers that i have known from my childhood.