012

——BROKEN CROWN, act one

CHAPTER TWELVE

Naomi had stood by Tommy's side, the entire time he had been fixing his business. Neither Arthur nor Michael had been released yet, much to Polly's anger, but Tommy had a plan. He knew exactly what he was doing, which was why he was in London now, about to visit Alfie Solomons to make another deal. He had stayed at Ada's place for a few days, and it had been the first time in a month since he had left Naomi's side, and he hated how depended he was on her.

Yet, at the same time, he was grateful for her. Her by his side was exactly what he needed; she was a breath of fresh air whenever he was too consumed into the business that he couldn't tell right from wrong. He would see her again soon, at the Derby. She had even bought a more modern dress for the occasion.

"Why not go sooner, I thought you and Naomi were doing well, or already trouble in paradise?" Ada asked as Tommy was writing a letter, which was meant for Churchill, in case the plan Campbell came up with went sideways. "I will see her there, besides I needed to buy something in the city, Ada" Tommy said. Ada looked at him and nodded but Tommy was true to his word, he went into the city and went to a small shop which he knew was owned by a Romani woman who used to travel with Charlie Strong. He looked at everything she had and pointed at a silver ring, which matched the style of the rings Naomi was currently wearing.

Naomi had been at the house, preparing herself for the Derby, bought a modern dress and everything. She would leave with John who would take her. Polly had picked up Michael in the morning, and Arthur would be picked up by Johnny Dogs. Before she was about to leave, she heard a knock on her door. She walked towards the door and opened it to reveal a blonde woman. "Is Tommy Shelby here?" she asked, with an Irish accent. "Not at the moment" Naomi said as she looked at the woman. "Can I leave a message?" Naomi asked. The blonde woman, who held herself like she was above Naomi, nodded. "Tell him, tell him Grace wants to meet with him" she said. Naomi stood straighter; she knew exactly who Grace was. "What makes you think he would want to meet you?" Naomi asked as she watched Grace, seeing John's car pull up before the house.

"Trust me, he'd love to meet me" Grace said, and Naomi had to stop herself from laughing. John started to honk the car to make her hurry up. "Trust me, Grace, he does not" Naomi said grabbing her key and scarf before closing the door behind her and walking slowly towards John. "And how would you know?" Grace said, when Naomi reached John, who looked to her, trying to hide a smile as well. Naomi turned back to her. "How would I not? I live with him, I know him, and I love him like he loves me" Naomi said, and Grace fell quiet. "With Tommy Shelby there is love and there is business" Grace said. "Not anymore" Naomi said and drove off with John who laughed at Grace's defeated face.

They arrived at the Derby, where Naomi met with Anna, despite her mother's protesting and plans to take away Michael, Anna, and even Finn. Anna had grown fond of her time with Naomi and considered her a close friend. "Do you know what Tommy is planning?" Anna asked when her cousins John and Arthur hid away with the Lee boys. "I do, and do not worry your pretty head about it, alright?" Naomi said, holding Anna's hand. "Did you tell him yet?" Anna asked.