013

—— BROKEN CROWN, act two

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Around 6 months after the Derby, Naomi Lovell gave birth to her first son, Charlie Shelby, who was named for the uncle who raised Tommy more than his father had done, and the actor both Naomi and Tommy enjoyed: Charlie Chaplin. Tommy and Naomi had not yet had the chance to be married, they had been planning but every time something came between it.

First time it was business, and then second time was disturbed when Naomi's water broke. She had found it quite funny that out of all days, that's when her child decided to come into the world. Tommy didn't mind, she was still by his side, and he was still by hers. But finally, the day had been here, it had been nearly 2 years in the making and little Charlie would soon turn 2 years old already.

Naomi was glad they waited, now their son could be a part of the wedding, even if he didn't remember it. Naomi looked at the set-up which had been decorated with some simple flowers, which Naomi was sure was Polly's and Anna's work. "How are you feeling?" Anna asked walking over to Naomi, who had not gotten ready yet. "I'm good, glad I don't have to spend it too far from home" she said.

Shortly after Charlie had been born, Tommy had bought a larger house in Warwickshire, just outside of Birmingham with more open land around it and even stables. Something both Naomi and Tommy loved. Naomi didn't spend much time inside; she was mostly outside with Charlie who enjoyed the outdoors just as much as she did. And because the house had as much land as it did, they decided to hold the wedding there, and go inside after the ceremony which would be officiated by Jeremiah Jesus.

besides the official Shelby members of the family, including Arthur's wife, Linda, there was also Naomi's siblings who were not too happy about her marrying Tommy, Luna had said it was mostly because she was afraid that she would get hurt because of Tommy, and of course, the Lee's.

"I think you need to get ready soon, because i don't think my mother will appreciate you being late for your own wedding which is being held in your backyard" Anna said smiling. "You are right, we much do everything in our power to not piss off Polly Gray" Naomi said and walked inside with her son on her hip. "Here, give him to me while you get dressed" Polly said when she saw Naomi. She kissed her son's cheek and went inside of the room to get ready.

When she was finally done, she smiled to herself in the mirror, she wished she could see Tommy before she walked over to the set-up, but she knew Polly would have her head. "Ready?" she heard Luna asked, standing in the door opening of hers and Tommy's room where she had gotten ready. "I think so" Naomi said looking at her sister. "Having second thoughts?" Luna asked, when she heard her sister's tone. "Not about marrying Tommy, no matter how glad you'd be if I did" she said. "Then what is troubling you?" Luna asked, looking at her sister. "I just have this dreary feeling that something bad will happen" Naomi said.