4

Emma ran for miles, through woods and fields of cattle. When she came to a free field of long grass she collapsed. She was exhausted, and couldn't go any further. Within minutes she is out cold.

The avengers are gathered at Clint's house, trying to figure out how to find the wolf. "She can't have run too far, could she? I mean she was just practically blown up." Tony states, for the first time he's not using his sarcastic tone. Clint stares out the window, trying to spot Lila and Cooper. "Laura. Where did Lila and Cooper go to?" He questions worryingly. "They just went down to the river to try catch them fish they seen last time. I told them to be back before dinner." Clint sighs, then turns around to face his crew. "What do we tell Fury then? We just lost the thing he's wanted most for the past few months. He finally found her then we lost her." The room falls silent.

Emma wakes up, and struggles to get her surroundings. She leaps to her feet, and runs into the woods. She needs water, now. She runs for miles, running through bushes and around large trees. She pauses for a moment, to catch her breath. She can hear the noise of a stream up ahead. She takes a deep breath, and takes of again towards the sound. She leaps up over a small ditch and sees a huge, beautiful waterfall, flowing into a large river. She runs to the bank of the stream and starts gulping water, easing her thirst. She sits back and looks around, trying to spot a deer or something to eat. She turns on her heels to leave, but stops when she hears a muffled scream. Her head snaps around to find the source, and spots two small kids,one boy, one girl hiding behind a rock. A few feet away from the rock stands a large cougar. Without hesitating, Emma runs to the smallest part of the river and jumps across. She quietly walks to the huge stone, waiting for the cougar to come closer. The cougar starts charging towards the pair behind her. Emma leaps up onto the cougar, tossing it back a few feet. Emma shows her teeth and walks towards the cougar. The creature, obviously startled turns on his heels and runs into the cover of the trees. Emma looks around to face the pair of eyes that bore into her in shock. She senses their fear, and sits down, trying to act sort of dog like. She tilts her head slightly, and the boy smiles a little. Emma stands up and walks to the river and starts to gulp more of the cool water. "Shes huge!! Bigger than the wolves on TV Lila!! And friendlier." The boy giggles. Emma lifts up her head and turns to face them, water dripping from her fuzzy chin. "Would she give us a ride? I don't won't to walk the whole way back" the boy sighs. Emma sighs, and lies down. "She understands Lila! C'mon! Let's go!" The boy giggles, and leaps up onto Emmas back. The girl doesn't move. "Ugh. C'mon. Don't be a scaredy cat!" The boy teases. Emma watches as he pulls his sister onto my back. Emma carefully stands up, and walks on. The boy grabs a handful of fur at the back of her neck and pulls her in the direction of where he wants to go. They walk for a while. The pair giggling and having fun. Emma walks into a large clearing, and sees a house at the fair end of the clearing. Something doesn't sit right with her. She stops a bit away from the house, staring at it. The kids slide of her back. "Dad's home!" The yell and sprint to the house. "Wow. I even missed out on being excited to see my dad come home." She sits on the grass. And looks around. Something still doesn't feel right. She stands up and walks in the direction of the wood, when something catches her eye. The helicopter from the base. She freezes.

Clint runs to the door to greet his kids "dad!" They screach as they leap into his arms. "Did you catch your fish today?" He laughs. He pulls them close to him. He looks up, and the smile leaves his face. He stands up straight and walks inside. Everyone stands back and watches him as he grabs his bow and an arrow. "What are you doing dad?" Lila asks curiously. "Daddy's going to shoot the thing that nearly killed him sweety." He pulls the bow into place. Everyone watches him. Nat is the first to spot what he's about to shoot. "Shit. Look." She nudges Steve. Steve takes a deep breath when he spots the wolf standing on the lawn. The arrow moves through the air in one, slick move. It flys across the lawn and lands in the wolf's side. The wolf collapses instantly. Steve and Clint sprint towards the wolf as it struggles on the ground. The reach it's side, and Clint places his hands on her side, keeping her down. Steve can see the fear in the creature eyes as it struggles. It soon stops fighting, and it's eyelids become more and more droopy. He takes of his jacket, and places it over the wolves head, turning her world black.