Vlad Dracul III

Angelina's eyes widened as she saw the man before her, Vlad Dracul III. "How can this be!? Is he the real Vlad the Impaler!? No, I'm dreaming. All this is a nightmare."

Vlad noticed that Angelina had a light honey skin tone, long black curly hair touching her waist, and soft hazel eyes. She had an average body figure; her skin was clear, smooth, and shined with the sun. Her slightly round face was youthful with a hint of maturity, showing bits of her age. She wore clothing he had never seen before. What made her noticeable was her slightly plump body; she looked well-fed. The women he was used to had a thin figure, so much so that they looked gaunt. "Who is this woman?" asked Vlad sternly and commandingly. 

"Voivode, we found this woman in the forest. She speaks with an accent and wears strange clothing. We didn't want her to escape, for there is a possibility that she may be an Ottoman spy," said one of the men.

Everyone in the room was silent as they looked at Angelina. Many were curious about the way she dressed and looked. "I-I'm not an Ottoman spy! I just got lost in the forest. All I want is to go home!"

"Silence! Do not speak without permission of the Voivode!"

Angelina looked up at Vlad, who eyed her with no emotion. "Are you Vlad Dracul?"

The onlookers murmured to one another. One of Angelina's captors kicked her in the back. She was shocked by the action. "Hey, what was that for? All I asked was a question! I don't even know where I am!"

Vlad stood up and walked around the table before the young woman. "Speak your name." 

"I'm Angelina, sir. Whatever these men say, I am not a spy or anything. Please believe me; I just got lost."

The Voivode put his hands behind his back, his eyes never leaving her. "Take her to my chambers. I wish to speak to this woman alone. All of you may continue with the festivities. We ride back home to Wallachia." The two men motioned Angelina to stand. They followed Vlad toward a pair of stairs leading to the upper part of the building. Fire torches lit the walls and structure. 

Angelina noticed a single door. Vlad opened it, went inside, and motioned Angelina inside. "Unbind her, but shackle one of her hands to the wall." 

The men did as they were ordered. They also left the room but were instructed by Vlad to stand outside. The two were alone. Angelina noticed how he stood at 5'9 tall. Vlad's face was slightly broad, with the signature long black mustache and a trim beard beneath his lower lip. His black hair was wavy, and the bottom tips were curly that went past his shoulders. What caught Angelina's attention were his light blue eyes. Even within the darkness, his pale blue eyes shined. 

"Wow, you're good-looking in person," Angelina whispered. Vlad raised an eyebrow. "Oh, I'm sorry. I tend to speak to myself aloud without realizing it." She looked down, trying to refrain from blushing. 

"Well, you are the first to speak such a thing. I was thinking of having my way with you, torturing you until your blood stains the floor. However, your words have made me in a better mood."

Angelina felt a chill go down her spine. The young woman remembered all the books and articles she had read about Vlad; he was ruthless. Vlad had a soothing and confident voice and appearance. However, there was a hint of secrecy and cruelty. His mannerisms made it difficult for Angelina to gather whether or not he was being sincere or cruel. "I'm glad, sir."

Vlad chuckled while raising an eyebrow. "Hm, you hold no fear."

"On the contrary, sir, I am a bit. You are well-known everywhere, and you have quite the reputation."

The Voivode chuckled. Angelina thought he would hold more arrogance, but he didn't. "My reputation seems to have crossed the lands. Tell me of your home; you don't seem to be from my kingdom."

She debated whether or not to tell Vlad where she came from. However, Angelina didn't want to risk being caught lying. "I was born far from here, sir. My parents abandoned me as a child, but my grandparents raised me. When they died, I began to work and travel independently."

"You still haven't answered my question, woman. Do you still wish to drag my question into the mud? I am not a patient man."

"He's more intelligent than I thought." Angelina sighed. "It's true that I'm not from here, sir. Would you believe me if I told you I am not from this country?"

"It is obvious. I am losing my patience."

Angelina sighed. "Would you believe me if I told you I am not from this time?"

Vlad stilled. "What are you speaking about?"

"I am from a country called the United States from the year 2022 AD. I crossed oceans to come here to travel. I walked to the Hoia-Baciu Forest and suddenly came here in your nation and your time. I don't know how in the hell it's possible, but here I am."

It was silent between the two. Suddenly, Vlad began to laugh hard and loudly. Angelina watched as she felt her hands getting sweaty. She waited until his laughs died down. "You jest."

"You said you wanted the truth. Tell me this. Why would I risk lying if you are smart enough to find out? If I lie, then you would torture me to death. All lies come to light, eventually." Then, an idea came up. "Look, I have my bag here. I can show you something to prove I am telling you the truth. Will you let me reach for it?"

Vlad went to her. "No, I shall do it." The older man looked at the bag; he was confused about how to open it. With Angelina's instructions, he eventually opened it. Inside were notebooks, clothes, snacks, and technology. He took something out. "What is this?"

"It's called a Samsung cellphone, from my time. We use it to make calls, play games, and take pictures. We need wifi internet to make it work. Unfortunately, there is no wifi in your time."

Vlad pressed a couple of buttons, turning on the cell phone. His eyes held curiosity and fascination with the object. He saw the many apps and pictures as he slowly moved his fingers. "This is extraordinary. I have never seen such a thing."

"Do you believe me now?"

Vlad gave Angelina her phone back. "Hmph, it is still difficult for me to believe you, which is why I decided. You shall come to me to my palace."

Angelina gasped. "You're kidding?'

"What did you say?"

"It's a slang we use in my country. What I meant to say is, why? All I want is to go home."

"What I say is final. You shall come with my men and me to my palace. You have information that intrigues me. You shall sleep here. I cannot afford for you to escape. I will make sure that food is brought to you. Meanwhile, I have to be with the rest of my men." Vlad left the room, ordering his men to keep watch and to give her food while he was away.

Angelina stayed behind, stunned.