Epilogue

Warning: Explicit content (Language, Sexual)

             Entering our room with a big smile and a stem of fully bloomed blue hydrangea, I stopped on my tracks when I spotted my soon-to-be-husband at the balcony.

             Chander is standing at the corner of the balcony, with his back facing the ocean. His book is open in his palm that its pages are being blown by the wind just like his hair and shirt. Creating a beautiful view I'm digesting.

             A contented smile carved on my lips before it became a sigh as I see him eyeing the PhD initials of his great-grandfather on the wall. Hanggang ngayon ay hindi ko pa rin alam kung bakit hindi iyon ang pinursigi niya kesa sa pagkuha ng JD.

             Walking to him, his eyes quickly met mine. "Personally picked flowers for the love of my life," I gave him the stem of my favorite hydrangea na ako mismo ang kumuha sa farm sa isla kung nasaan kami.

             It made him smile and kissed my cheek lovingly, "You're the sweetest, my love. Thank you," huli nito sa bewang ko.

             Facing the ocean from the balcony, Chander put his face on my shoulder. "Isn't it beautiful?" We both eyed the crescent shore of the island and inhaled the fresh ocean breeze.

             "It's majestic, love. Thank you for suggesting this dreamy place." I eyed the mountains where I know what its trees hides. "I can't believe this place exists. And that we're going to get married here."

             "Two more days to go, Miss Bealte Myers."

             Both of us sighed and just enjoyed the peace that Isla Duyog offers. The blending sound of waves, bird chirps, and the laughter of our family and on the shore is heart fulfilling.

             Then the image of him a while ago went to my mind again. "Why . . . didn't you pursue your PhD, love? Isn't that what you wanted before we even met?" I asked softly.

             I heard him sighed from my shoulder, "That's because I got a JD instead."

             "But why? Change of plans?" I chuckled and saw Chad sitting on the shore alone. "Magkapatid nga kayo ni Chad." His brother pursued psychology in his bachelors even though he wants to take law. While my fiancé pursued JD even though he wanted a PhD.

             Chander chuckled too and looked at Chad who's staring at the endless ocean. "We're not brothers for nothing, love." he kissed my temple.

             "Do you still want it? Your PhD?" I faced him. "You can still pursue it after our wedding. I don't mind." I told him as his eyes from a while ago says he's still aching for it. I want him to never forget his dreams even after we get married.

             "Really? Aren't you planning to have a child? You said you want a little you and me?" naguguluhang tanong nito na hinarap na ako sa kanya.

             I smiled reassuringly, "I have, but wag muna ngayon? Do you want to build a family now?" because at the age of 27, it's okay for me to have a child now or even at my thirties.

             Chander glanced at my stomach and shook his head, "It's really up to you, my love. You're the one who'll sacrifice for nine months and the one who'll give birth. Not me. If you still don't want to, then I'll be happy with it."

             Napaisip rin ako doon. I'm still modeling and planning to put up a business. While Chander can work on his PhD. I smiled, "What if . . . let's focus on our goals first then when everything is good, saka tayo mag-anak? You get your PhD and I continue to the runway and build my business?"