Chapter 9

Your neighbor closes the door once she sees you and your 'friend' leave with Yuri.

She then walks back and starts cleaning up her apartment and fixing the guest room before going up to bed.

Yuri always made quite the mess whenever she stayed with the older woman.

Not because Yuri was reckless but because she was so full of life and smiles.

She never told you this but she always buys Yuri toys and things that she would like and just keeps them stored in the closet.

The older woman only has one child all her life and unfortunately, he wants nothing to do with her ever since her husband and his father had abandoned them years prior.

So once he turned 18, he packed his things and left without a word.

She had tried to reach out to her son but he would not return her calls or respond to any of her messages.

After months and months of trying, she decided to just give up and move on.

She then left her home to move into a more smaller place.

Her previous home brought back too many awful memories so she decided to leave it all behind to move forward.

Months after she got settled, is when she met you in the bus.

You were lost and pregnant and she couldn't help but feel bad for you.

Although she was not alone during her pregnancy, she knows the feeling of raising a child alone.

And that's what convinced her to take you in.

.

.

.

.

.

((7 Years Ago))

The older woman was sitting in the bus after visiting the post office to send some letters in.

She had received a notice from her lawyer, stating that her ex husband had signed the house over to her.

And since she had sold it, she would be the one claiming the profits from the amount she sold it to.

So she submitted her confirmation plus other paperwork needed to help ensure that she receives that money.

Once she receives it, she may not have to worry about working for a long time.

That is until it is all gone.

She had recently moved to an apartment so the bills will just keep coming.

But she didn't mind it.

Anything to help her keep away from her home.

"Miss, the bus is about to take off, are you getting off or not?"

The older woman looked up and saw you still standing from your seat.

You looked like you were in deep thought.

The woman looked around and saw an abortion clinic.

Oh my...

"Miss?"

You then took a deep breath then sit back down.

The bus driver then shuts the door and drives off from the curb.

The older woman watches as you kept your eyes on the clinic until is was out of view.

An ache crawled up on her chest.