Chapter 11

"Ugh...."

You pull over for the 3rd time already to lean your car seat back a bit to try and ease the pain on your belly.

You've been feeling cramps ever since the doctor removed your IUD and now you're even wondering if you did the right thing.

The doctor didn't answer your question when you asked if it was going to hurt.

And honestly...

You should've just taken this as a definite sign and leave.

But you didn't, and now you have to deal with this punishment.

You wondered why the doctor didn't use any type of anesthetic to remove it if it was enough to make you scream your lungs out.

But at least you know you're not going to get that back anytime soon.

Or at all.

You sighed.

Your throat feels a bit raspy from your little experience but now you're just glad to get it done and over with.

But still.

The pain was NOT worth it.

"I hope these cramps go away..."

You said to yourself as you put your seat back up to get ready to finish driving back home.

You left to the clinic about 3 hours ago and now you want nothing more than to just go home and let your daughter preoccupy you with whatever she wants to do with you.

Whether its to color, watch TV or even have a little tea party, whatever she wants to do, just something until the pain killers kick in.

You then put the car in drive to pull away from the curb to keep driving.

You weren't that far away from home but still, those cramps were just too much for you to ignore.

But you only needed a little break just to try and ease it a bit so you can actually focus on the road ahead of you.

"What's going on?"

You said as you neared the apartment complex and saw the building surrounded by cop cars and an ambulance.

You couldn't enter to park your car so you had to find a place to park outside.

Once you did, you rushed out to approach the crowd.

You looked around for your neighbor and daughter but couldn't find them.

You had asked the people around you but they were just as clueless as you are.

Worried, you decided to go up to the police that's holding the crowd back.

You- "Excuse me, but what has happened here?"

"Miss, we cannot explain the situation at the moment."

You- "But I live here and my neighbor is watching my daughter."

You looked up and your eyes widened in horror as you saw your neighbor's front door wide open, and with police walking in and out of it.

You- "That's my neighbor's apartment! Please, I just want to know if they're safe, please!"

You looked at them with pleading eyes as you struggled to keep the tears in.