Chapter 10

((A/N: To be completely honest, I'm SO impatient with this book cuz the conflict is near and I'm just trying to finish this damn book 😤 Also I'm eating chocolate cake at midnight while writing this because I can 😂))

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

((One Week Later))

Everything has been quiet ever since Ran had came back in your life.

The neighborhood has been awfully peaceful and content.

There was hardly any noise day in and day out.

Your neighbors usually fight or play loud music either early in the morning or late at night.

You didn't think much of it because at first you just thought that they were probably out of town.

But no.

Their cars are still parked in the parking lot.

Weird.

And there was hardly any sirens going on outside.

Every once and a while you will hear either police or an ambulance nearing the apartment complex either because that one couple has been fighting again or because someone forgot to take their medication again.

But no.

And lastly.

Your boss hasn't call nor text you like before.

Not that you were worried or anything but it was just...odd.

Maybe he finally understands that you really value your time with your daughter and has decided to let you off the hook?

Even the morning you called to get your check, his assistant picked up and she personally delivered it to your apartment.

Which you honestly thought was weird.

Because you didn't even know that Doku had an assistant to begin with.

Usually he would tell you to come and pick it up yourself.

He honestly did EVERYTHING himself whenever you were around so where did she even come from?

Maybe he's too busy now?

Or maybe something happened and he needed one?

Either way, you didn't complain because you honestly can't stand being near or around him.

So you stayed with your daughter for 2 whole weeks and you couldn't think of a more perfect time to enjoy your time off than to go to all the places that you usually couldn't take her to because money was always an issue.