☞︎︎︎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝☜︎︎︎

Awkward was the atmosphere between the rivals as they stood outside the vacation house.

Daki wanted an attempt to break down the door but Nakime stopped her just in time. Shinobu decided to break the ice and suggested they all go to the bath house.

"It's just a fifteen minutes walk from here, not that far. See? There it is." Shinobu said, pointing at a humble building in the distance. The girls picked up their sanitary products and trailed behind Shinobu.

The sound of waves crashing the shore, the sensation of the sand tickling their feet, the sun was about to set which led to a mesmerising sunset displayed before the four individuals, along with other guests at the resort.

'Fuck! We forgot to take the underground pass!' Daki thought as the sun's ray was creeping along the beach. The thought of the sun ceased to have crossed the two Xeroderma Pigmentosum patients and only then did they realised how much trouble they were in. Daki and Nakime shared a worried glance before Nakime took the initiative to speak up.

"...Uhm, I think me and Daki will go back to the vacation house first because I forgot my shampoo. You guys can go ahead without us first!" A half-ass excuse.

Awkwardly, the two were about to sprint back when Mitsuri placed a hand on Nakime's shoulder.

"There's no need for that. I have a spare bottle that I can share with you." Mitsuri dug her bag in front of Nakime, who's heart raced with every second wasted. However, instead of a shampoo bottle, Mitsuri pulled out an opaque pink umbrella and hastily opened it, shielding Nakime from the sunlight.

Caught off guard, the other three girls looked at Mitsuri in surprise. The pink-haired girl turned around and winked at Nakime. "I always keep my umbrella with me, just in case I might need it."

Shinobu let out a soft chuckle and fished her tote bag for a purple opaque umbrella with butterfly designs on it. She opened the umbrella and directed the top of the umbrella against the ferocious sunlight, protecting Daki.

"I so happen to have an umbrella with me too. I didn't think it'd come in handy."

Both Daki and Nakime were shocked yet moved by Shinobu and Mitsuri's kind act. Obediently, each member of the twelve kizuki shared an umbrella with a member of the demon slayers. The fifteen minutes walk to the bath house was filled with silence and unheard gratitude.

As the four reached the bath house safe and sound, Nakime and Daki helped them carry their items while they close their umbrellas. Words were still not exchanged up to this point when they entered the gigantic indoor bathroom.

"Woah! The bath house is so empty! It feels as though we have this whole place to ourselves!" Mitsuri exclaimed in delight as she tossed her clothes to the side and leapt into the hot bath. Daki followed behind her, causing water to splash everywhere. Guess who had to help them clean up their mess and pick up their clothes. That's right, Shinobu and Nakime.

As the four girls settled down in the warm bath tub together, Daki took the initiative to go up to Shinobu and Mitsuri who were busy washing their hair. The two looked at Daki as if asking what she needed. The young girl hesitated before opening her mouth.

"... I'd like to thank you both for what you did for me and Nakime just now... I know we're supposed to be rivals and all but you still did something nice to us. I uh..." Daki scratched her head. "I wanna know whether you're both fine with me and Nakime helping you clean your backs as thank you for what you did earlier."

Shocked by the proposal, Shinobu and Mitsuri paused for a second before Mitsuri grinned and agreed.

"We'd love that! We can help each other!"

Elated, Daki and Nakime quickly got to work, helping the other two girls scrub their backs. From the girls being distant to each other in the beginning and lashing out underlying insults to laughing and washing each other in a bath house... This was quite a sight indeed.

𝐓𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬シ︎
𝑵𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒐 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆. 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 4 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒆𝒇𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎. (𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒖𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒔?)

•𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝑭𝒍𝒚 𝑴𝒆 𝑻𝒐 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒐𝒐𝒏 (𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒎𝒆).
𝑨𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒔. (𝑾𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉 5 𝒂𝒅𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒆 4 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔?! 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒆.)

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 : 773