«I almost got fired»

Quick little A/N

Sorry I haven't updated in three days!

Been busy...and by busy I mean having an existential crisis about the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing with my life, I'm just reliving the same day over and over again. Time is slipping through my fingers, I'm failing all of my classes but then in the perpetuity of it all it doesn't even matter because compared to other issues like idk, causing mass murder my problems shouldn't matter that much and we're all just small, insignificant beings living on a tiny rock floating throughout the Milky Way galaxy, one of the many many galaxies that makes up one of the many many universes in the ginormous ocean of universes which are forever expanding, never ending, I have no grasp on reality, what is real and what is just a figment of my imagination?? Oh yeah! And Jared Leto exists for some reason??

Kms.
Anyways, enjoy! 😀
————————

Monday, 28th September, 1983

"Lenora Salem Woods, where have you been?"

Kim confronted me as I walked into the store, the only way I could run would be out the door but then I would definitely get fired.

I sighed.

"I told you, I was sick!" I stared at my feet.

"Look at me when I am speaking!" He demanded,
Lifting my chin with two fingers, just mere inches away from his face.

He was pissed

"Tell me the truth!"

I was practically drowning in the scent of cheap, shitty cologne and cigarette smoke but kept my composure.

I tried to think up an answer, how could he know I was lying?

"I- uh I-"
I stuttered.
"what do you mean...?" How I had the guts to even ask, I don't know.

He squinted his eyes at me,
"I know you weren't sick Lenora"

He's using my whole name? I'm screwed.

He shot me a pointed look raising his eyebrows

"Steph saw you at the bar the other night."

Stephanie, of course!
that mother-fucking snitch.

I gulped taking a deep breath,
"That's my bad, I was feeling better Kim. Won't happen again!" I stated through gritted teeth.

"I need to leave, but if there is any more funny business, and I mean any I have no choice but to fire you."
After waving his finger in my face, completely disregarding my personal space he finally left, slamming the glass door shut behind him.

I closed my eyes and almost fell asleep right then and there.
I don't even know why we bother opening on weekdays anymore, but it was only a five hour shift, I could really use some alone time.