«We don't talk about it...»

Wednesday, 6th October, 1983

I sat up in my bed, rubbing my eyes tiredly, I shivered wishing I had thrown on a sweater or something last night, the cold morning air nipping at my body.

The sheets lay slack against my waist and I shoved them to the side swinging my legs out from beneath them and over the edge of my bed, jumping out.

The floorboards creaked at the impact of my body weight. I was going down to the studio at 10 am and I was honestly pondering whether the boys would even be awake. I shrugged walking over to my drawers that were overflowing with clothes, I had to find a nice yet comfortable outfit, settling for a pair of ripped black jeans and a red tank top, throwing on a big ugly sweater to shield me from the cold and fastening a belt through the loop holes on my pants to hold 'em up.

Looking myself over in the mirror I nodded in approval, smiling, my hands on my hips.

I brushed through my black hair and teased the ends, then applied some black eye pencil and eyeliner, smudging it around the corners really making sure to add to the whole hobo aesthetic I have going on, finishing it off with some mascara. I couldn't be bothered putting on lipstick or anything else for that matter so I walked out of my bathroom,

I grabbed autumn who was still tied up in her black garbage bag, threw her over my shoulder and grabbed my keys from the coffee table in front of my small couch

[horrible drawing of N's apartment cuz why not :)]

I took a look back at the messy space and closed the door behind me walking out

Exiting the building I was pleased to see the sun out, my surroundings warmed up fairly quickly so I took the sweatshirt off halfway through my walk tossing it over my shoulder with the bag and pulled the piece of scrunched up paper Cliff had scribbled the address down onto out of my back pocket making sure I was on the correct street (which I was).

Finally arriving at my destination I walked through the front door and was led into a rather large room where I found Lars sat behind his drum kit practicing fills, James laying down on a couch and Kirk + Cliff sat on amps beside each other totally concentrated on mastering new riffs and playing off each other.