«Manoeuvre»

Hey hey, look who decided to write something? 🤗

This has been in my drafts since mid April xx
———————
Enjoy my pookie's 😻🫶
———————

This has been in my drafts since mid April xx ———————Enjoy my pookie's 😻🫶———————

Wednesday, 10th October 1983

"Who the fuck would be calling this early in the morning?"

I rolled over, barely opening my eyes. I groaned wiping them rid of sleep.

Frustrated I reached beside me and picked up the phone sitting up pinching the bridge of my nose.
I didn't even greet them.

"What?" I spat into the receiver waiting for the anonymous asshole to reveal themselves.

"Nora!-"

I cut him off.
"Christ Kirk! For fuck's sake! It's only-" I turned my head staring at my alarm clock.

"1 in the afternoon?" He finished before I could say anything.

"Oh" I feel bad now.

I shook my head

"What do you want?" I sighed

"We need to talk."

I rolled my eyes.
"Kirk we hung out yesterday, and the day before that...and-"
"The day before that, yeah yeah I get it but this is really important." He spoke quickly.

"You said that yesterday but you just wanted my opinion on a shirt." I exhaled dramatically into the phone emphasising my point.

Now he was the one groaning,
"Please."
He sounded genuine, I pushed all other thoughts aside. My friend needed me.

"Gosh, fine."

"Thank y-"

I threw the phone to the side hanging up.

I then launched myself back onto my bed so I was laying in a starfish position staring up at my paint chipped ceiling.
"What a drama queen." I thought to myself.
And with that, I peeled myself from my bed sheets and threw on whatever I could find laying on the floor that didn't reek of piss or puke.

I scratched at my cheek as I grabbed my toiletry bag and headed for the bathroom.

Once I arrived I set my shit down on the bench in front of the mirror and looked up. I wish I hadn't.
I physically cringed at the sight of my own face. All my eyelashes were stuck together with old mascara that was also half smeared down my face. And to top it off I was having an insane acne flare up.

I closed my eyes and inhaled through my nose before turning the tap on and splashing my face with the water. It felt...cold.
I turned the water off and looked back up letting the excess drip from my hairline down to the tip of my nose then watched as it dropped back into the sink.