«Dance floor»

Hey guys, thanks for all the love <3
I was gonna update on the 11th and it's now technically the 20th...my bad 😋

Sorry to keep y'all waiting.
Enjoy babes....

——————————

Wednesday, 6th October, 1983

I unlocked the door to my apartment the boys shoving each other inside.
I remained still, arms folded leaning against the door frame.

I was waiting to catch sight of that specific head of dark, matted hair to appear bobbing its way up the stairs where I'd be greeted by his big dark eyes and wide childish grin. Tapping my foot against the carpeted flooring I heard footsteps and shuffling then finally came the source of the noise. Kirk had his head hung low as he made his way up the rest of the steps where I then cleared my throat rather dramatically to catch his attention.

"Ahem..."

He shifted his gaze upwards and towards me. I beamed at him and stepped forward grabbing his free hand and dragging him inside. We fumbled our way through the door closing it behind us. My apartment was really small and having four grown men plus me inside was already way too much. Lars was searching through my fridge, James had already made himself comfortable situated on my couch whilst Cliff sat cross legged on my bed flipping through this months issue of Metal Hammer I had left opened before leaving earlier this morning.

I chuckled before turning back to Kirk grabbing my bass and leaning it against the wall next to the door.

"I'm gonna grab some nicer clothes and I'll go out and get changed in the bathrooms." I poked him in the rib to get his attention making him squirm and slap my hand away playfully.

"You sure? I could just get these idiots out for you." He glanced up for a moment watching Lars gulp down a bottle of beer that he had taken from my fridge still standing next to it looking around trying to find something to eat. I followed his gaze as it flicked toward James sprawled out across the couch, he was too tall so his ankles hung over the arm rest and he was yelling something at the tv. Cliff had already lit a cigarette and it rested between his fingers as he exhaled; the smoke emerging from his lips in long continuous puffs wafting into the air. I turned back and just shook my head smiling

"No no, it's alright. Make yourself comfortable!" My eyes linked with his and he grave me the 'are you sure?' Expression
"Yes! I'm sure." I confirmed stepping around him and continuing toward my dresser. Cliff glanced up as I pulled open my top drawer.

"Whatcha doin?" He asked

"Looking for Clothes...you know, the whole purpose of this visit." I retorted not looking up as I searched for a nice top.

"Ah right." He nodded his focus back on the pages of the magazine.

I pulled out a white tank top and bit my lower lip thinking about what pants I'd match with it. I folded the shirt over my forearm and closed the drawer with my hip  pulling open the second drawer to find some appropriate bottoms. Shuffling around tossing a couple pairs of jeans onto the floor I nearly squealed in delight when I found a zip up leather skirt I'd only ever worn once, maybe twice. It was perfect.