Author's Note

Out of all the men of Rescue Team Nine, Dice is absolutely one of my favorite characters. Of course, I say that about all of them once I complete their stories. I can't help it. They are addictive. I love romance. It's an amazing joy for me to bring a romance alive and put it in the hands of a reader. I love feel good romances, and I love romances that are real. The kind that's not considered 'perfect' love, but love that is tested. Love that transcends the typical adrenaline of falling in love for the first time. This is that story. This is that couple. Their romance starts out as a way to forget. A way to deal with their messed-up families. But their escape turns to love. It's far from a perfect love. It's more like a soap opera kind of love where they face literally every obstacle at every turn. I'm almost afraid of there being too many turns and twists, but I couldn't see their story without them.

Dice is the kind of man that throws himself in the middle of any challenge. His ability to risk his neck has saved his men on more than one occasion. It's his risk taking kind of personality that fit in with such a twist turning story. Could you see him sitting still an entire book? Not possible.

Cloey is stubborn and hardheaded. She's the true blue meaning of a country girl. She feels more than some and allows her emotions to control her life and her decisions. It's how she ends up in the pickle she's in. She could have taken the easy way out and gone to Rescue Team Nine immediately, but then again, she's the type of person that never does anything the short cut kind of way. She's a character that is born out of mistakes, and that's what made her so perfect. Everyone has their flaw. It's called life.

Thank you for allowing me to bring their story into your life and your home. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. It has a special place in my heart.

If you loved Dice and Cloey's story, stay tuned because up next is Gunner's story in Ransomed Heart

Yours Truly,

Sabrina D. Guthrie