n i n e t e e n

chapter | nineteen

"I'M IBIKI MORINO, proctor for the first test of the chunin exams," Standing in front of the crowded test room was a muscular ninja, his face displaying many scars that made you wonder just how he recovered them. "After turning in your applications, you will be given a number, and seated at a chair with that same exact number. You will be taking a written test— and just so we're clear, any battles that take place without the permission of a proctor are against the rules, and you will be disqualified immediately!"

Almost immediately, Naruto dropped to his knee's, his eyes welling up in tears.

"Written test . . . ?" He muttered, clutching his chest in defeat. Sakura simply scoffed at the sight, turning her head. Sasuke was too focused to even notice. Sighing, you patted Naruto's shoulder in an attempt to comfort him.

"Come on, Naruto. It hasn't even started, don't give up so easily!" Despite your words, you felt a pang of nervousness at the sound of a written test. Though you've studied with Sakura and have greatly improved your academic skills, you can't help but prepare for the worst.

Within minutes, the numbers were handed out to each ninja in line, and you had all taken your seats. Luckily, you were seated beside Sasuke. Maybe he could help if you found yourself lost.

"Listen up," The proctor began, quieting down the room. "There's several rules to the test that you'll need to follow. The first one being; the test is based on point deduction." He began writing on the chalk board.

"You start with ten points. With each question you get wrong, you lose a point. Your passing will be dependent on how many points your team as a whole rack up." Sakura rose from her seat, slamming her palms down in anger.

"Based on our teams?! What do you mean?!" She then turned toward Naruto, shooting him a death-glare. You shook your head. If there's one thing you couldn't understand about Sakura, it was her immense hatred for Naruto. Surely, Naruto wouldn't fail too badly.

"Quiet!!" The proctor scolded. Sakura sat back down immediately. "The second rule; any form of cheating seen by any the proctors will result in a two point deduction! And lastly; If even one person on the team ends up with zero points, the entire team will fail." With that, Sakura and Sasuke lost all composure, the anger they felt radiating off of them and reaching a terrified Naruto. Poor kid...

"You have exactly one hour. Ready, begin!"

. . .

. . . Shit. You stared down at the paper before you, wondering what exactly you were looking down at. The questions were much more advanced than you had anticipated. Sure, there were a few easy ones, but if you wanted to pass, you needed more than just a few correct. Your eyes trailed toward Naruto, who clutched his paper in defeat, tears streaming down his whiskered face. Damn, you couldn't cheat off of him. Well, at least you weren't alone.

"psst .." You turned slightly, locking eyes with Sasuke, who just so happened to be seated beside you. His eyes were a crimson red, displaying the sharingan. So, he must been cheating, huh. He slowly moved his arm from his test, revealing the many answers that had already been filled in. Your eyes beamed, and you found yourself flying through the test faster than you had expected. Of course you knew to keep it as discreet as possible. If there was one thing you were good at, it was keeping others unsuspecting.

After a while, the jounin began to call out those who had failed. Many people had been caught cheating, or they just simply failed the test. Everyone was on edge, and the tension in the room continued to grow. Luckily for you, you had Sasuke, who had practically given the answers to the entire test. If it wasn't for him, you'd definitely fail. Naruto mumbled to himself, and you noticed that his entire paper was still empty. Seated beside him was Hinata, who slowly inched her paper closer toward him. Looking up from his test, Naruto finally took notice. He beamed, immediately copying down the answers.

Looking toward Sakura, you could see she was almost done with the test. It didn't appear that she was cheating. You sweat dropped. There's no way she was intelligent enough to finish such a test all on her own. You had a lot of studying to do if you wanted to even come close to her level. A few minutes had flown by, and the proctor began to chuckle.

"Hm?" You looked up from your now completed test. He had an amused grin plastered across his face. Just what was this about?

"Well, now that those who aren't worthy have been removed from the room, I want to tell you all ... that you've passed." Many of the remaining students shot up from their seats, completely stunned.

"What about the test?!" Sakura questioned. "You aren't going to check the answers? Wouldn't that just make the test useless?!"

"I wouldn't call the test useless," He began. "You see, the point of the entire test was to gather information under the most difficult circumstances without getting caught. Basically, your goal for the test was to cheat. Use your newly learned skills as a beginning ninja to acquire the answers to the test. We placed fake students who already knew the answers around the room to help you cheat." The students were absolutely stunned, including yourself. Well, at least you passed, right? Maybe it's a good thing the written questions didn't count for much. Who knows if whatever Sasuke had was correct.

"The tenth question, as you can see, is nowhere to be found on the paper. The point of the tenth question was to test your teamwork. In the face of adversity, those who would put their comrades lives in jeopardy while worrying about their own, would never be chunin as long as I'm here. Luckily, you all showed the traits we look for in chunin. That is why you have all passed."

"I figured as much." Naruto grinned as he crossed his arms. "You didn't have me fooled for a single minute!" Sakura roll her eyes. You couldn't help but laugh at his new-found confidence. Suddenly, entering the room was a jounin you had never seen before. Her black hair was tied up, displaying her bright, brown eyes. she wore a long beige trench coat, and pink shin-guards. What a strange outfit, you thought.

"My name is Anko Mitarashi, and I'll be your next proctor!!" She announced. "Are you ready for the second test?!" The students let out a tired groan. After all of the tricks from the first test, you were all mentally exhausted. Nonetheless, you all stood from your seats, following your new proctor to the next test.

...

HI GUYS I'M BACK. I'M SORRY FOR THE WAIT. NEW CHAPTERS WILL BE RELEASED SOON! I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT!! <3