s e v e n

chapter | seven

YOU FROWNED, STARING back at yourself in the mirror. You had changed into your usual attire, which consisted of your standard gold trimmed navy-blue vest, and a pair of white pants that hugged your legs comfortably. Grabbing your kunai holster from the table, you wrapped it around your leg, before clicking it closed. As you head toward the door to begin your first day as an official ninja of Konoha, you paused, the glaring of metal catching your eye.

The Konoha Headband.

You grabbed the piece of fabric, staring down at the leaf symbol ingrained into the metal with a blank stare. The ninja that wore this were from straight from Konoha. You were just some wandering nin that the Hokage caught trespassing. So, what was the point in wearing one?

You glanced at the clock, and your eyes widened once you saw the time.

"I'm late—!!" Shoving the headband into your pocket, you bolted for the door, struggling with the handle. Once it finally swung open, you froze in place, meeting that familiar onyx eye; Kakashi. You gulped nervously as he stared down at you, unmoving. Slowly, he lifted up two fingers, before casually saluting you.

"Yo," You blinked in surprise. He had been assigned to escort you for the past few days, but today definitely wasn't one of them. Hesitantly nodding in response to his strange greeting, you began your usual walk to the academy, hoping to lose Kakashi. Only, he began his walk toward the academy as well, easily matching your quickened pace. You kept your head low, too nervous to make conversation with the Jounin.

Unbeknownst to Kakashi, your lips curls into that of a small smile.

. . .

You walked into your class, your [e/c] eyes searching for the familiar pink-ette, but she was too busy conversing with a small group of girls— or arguing, more like. You noticed that most of the students wore their headbands, proudly flaunting them for the village to see. Headband or not, you definitely felt out of place. Making your way through the aisle, your eyes catch a familiar mess of blonde hair that crouched onto one of the desks, staring intently at another student. That's strange, didn't he fail?

You sat down, tapping your foot as you patiently waited for class to start. As you observed the chattering students, you had come to the realization that Sakura was your only friend. Maybe you should introduce yourself to somebody?

"Na-ru-to!!"

Suddenly, you let out a yelp when someone collided into your body from behind, and you flew forward, your stomach slamming into the desk. You flinched as you held your stomach, completely unaware of the scene that had unfolded behind you.

Glancing over your shoulder, you watched in confusion as Naruto and another student were frantically spitting and wiping their mouths in disgust, oblivious to the group of girls that had suddenly went nuts at the sight. Just what the hell was going on?

. . .

Surrounding a crystal ball, a small group of Jounin, along with the Hokage himself, observed the group of students silently. Their attention went from Naruto, to Sasuke, and finally, to the [h/c] girl herself.

Kurenai sighed. "That girl. . ." She glanced at the Hokage in confusion, taking notice of his serious expression. "That's the chakra we felt throughout the village?" The Hokage nodded, taking the group of Jounin by surprise.

"Her name is [Name]," He spoke, studying your silent figure more closely. The group of Jounin stared at you with interest, wondering how such a young girl could easily break into such a heavily guarded village. "She's from the [Last] clan. They're a very discrete clan, so even I have very limited information on their history. Hopefully, her placement in the teams will suit her best." Then, the view switched to Naruto, who was being pummeled mercilessly by the angered group of girls. The Hokage's lips curled upwards as he shook his head.

"That Naruto. . ."

. . .

You tilted your head slightly, staring down at your hand as you tapped your pencil rhythmically against the desk. You had sat alone, unsurprisingly, and you had been fiddling with your pencil through your sensei's entire speech. Today was the day you would be placed into teams, and you hoped Sakura would be one of your teammates— though she seemed much too focused on being teamed with a certain male student.

". . . and [Name] [Last]."

You looked upwards, startled by the sudden call of your name. Your [e/c] eyes widened in confusion. Huh? You glanced around the room, but by then, the sensei had already moved onto naming off the members of team 8. You sighed in relief; at least you knew you were in team 7. But— who was in your team? Just then, Iruka had announced the beginning of lunch. Everyone began to exit the classroom as they broke for lunch, talking excitedly with their brand new team members. Everyone already appeared to be with their teams, and no one was coming towards you. Maybe you weren't cut out to be a Konoha ninja after all?

"[Name]," You jumped, eyes widening in surprise. Is that— Sakura? "Come here, silly!! You're on our team!!" Slowly turning around, you met those familiar emerald-green eyes that sparkling in excitement. Lunch with Sasuke-kun!! Sakura thought happily.

"Naruto, Sasuke, since we're all on a team, why don't we all. . . ?" Sakura blinked as her sentence trailed off, her eyes darting the classroom for our supposed teammates. So, that 'Naruto' and 'Sasuke' you've heard about is on your team as well? That'll be interesting. . . Finally giving up on her search, she let out a sigh, before sending a smile your way.

"Come on, [Name], let's go have lunch." You stared for a moment, before your lips curled into a smile, and you followed Sakura out of the classroom.