Twenty-Five

(Omniscient POV)

Jayda made her way through the same halls walked through everyday. Her mind shifted from thought, to thought as did her eyes, roving, searching for Nana and Seven so she could exit school for the day.

She heard her name being called out and knew it was Nana so she did as she usually would - turned around and smiled until she caught up.

"What you saying, tryna go to the high street?" Jayda asked Nana, still scanning the hallways for her boyfriend.

"Yeah cool, wanna go now?" She replied.

"Uhhh, sure." Jayda was still wondering where Seven was, her last two classes wasn't with him and he hadn't told her what he was planning to do after school. "Come, let's go, I'm tryna get there before 4:30."

They freshened up before leaving school for the day, with Jayda's eyes still looking for Seven.

.....

(Nana POV)

"Did you hear from Sev?" I asked Jay, noticing her distant manner.

"Nah, I actually forgot." She told me. We made our way to the top deck of the bus and went to sit down at the very back. Empty top deck - nice.

Before long, Jayds was back to usual, and I was telling her all about my new man; Ramîl.

"Ramîl sounds interesting," She teased, "Lemme see a picture." I was scrolling up mine and his chat for a while, looking for a decent snap to show Jayda and i start to feel a tap on my thigh.

"What?" I said frustrated, she'd been hitting my leg for like 10 seconds already.

"Nana." She said through closed teeth. I look up and before me stands the most repulsive, stomach turning, beautiful man; Emmanuel. "Ramîl yeah? I ain't heard of him." He said with attitude. What a sassy boy. I thought to myself before answering him.

"Oh." I said with zero emotion plastered across my face. But on the inside my heart was racing, and my mind was literally shaking.

"What happened to Hi, how are you?" He said to me.

"pshh." I said then scoffed. "Do you deserve a hi, how are you?" I asked, and before he replied I told him no, he doesn't.

I stood up at the stop before my stop because I didn't want to stay in the same space with him any longer.

"Aye Nana." I heard, my head was down and I kept walking. I heard Jayda telling him something from behind me and then he grabbed my arm.

"Boy don't put your hands on her!" I heard her yell. She pushes past him then grabs my hand as we rush off the bus. We've now got a 10 minute walk to the highstreet but as long as i'm off that bus.

"I hate the male species." I whined, my heart was still palpitating to every step I took on the ground. I'm pretty sure Jayda is as shook as I am too. I can't believe he put his hands on me and I didn't RKO him.

"See that car over there." Jayda spoke after a while, pointing at a Blacked out BMW Series 8 up the road. "That's so sexy, I want that car."

"You know, I been seeing one car like that around lately. It's always the same one too." I told her.

"What if they're following you?" She joked, making me realise that they probably aren't, and I was bugging. My life isn't a movie.

"Girl bye." I told her. And we continued walking. The car was stationary and was parked just behind the bus stop that we got off at. It waited until we got further down the road before I looked back and saw it turning around and driving off. There was no reg on the front but the back read: CLK19 XWL. Starting to feel the paranoia rise up in me, I wrote it down in my notes, and kept walking.

.....

As we neared the centre Jayda looked at her phone, I saw her brows furrow and eyes peer at the screen.

"Hiya?" She said worried. I listened to a deep voice on the other end of the phone.

"What do you mean where am I? I'm at the High street with nana Babe."

"..." His voice was loud but i couldn't make out what he was saying.

"Detention?" She sighed. "Come on now." Jayda looked at me and rolled her eyes. "Are you joking?" She asked him.

"..." Her face softened then she grew angry, a perplexed however irritable look mixed on her face.

"After yesterday you want to do this now? I thought we were ok. Whats bothering you?" She asked. She stood up against a wall on the corner of the road, which is the start to the high street, it was 4:17pm.

"What?" She looked at me and quickly looked away.

"Did something happen to Sev?" I asked her, unsure even if it was him but im pretty sure it was. She shrugged, still concentrating on the conversation she was in.

"Look, Sev, I'll speak to you when I get home ok?" She locked off the phone and looked at me. "Lana got bagged."

.....

A/N: WELP.

it's been a while hasn't it🌚
anyways l+c yall ik you love off this book.
read my other one too x
(It's called 'Care Too Much')

jaydalool xx