EXTRA: THE CHAMPIONS ON TINDER

Notes:

So a friend and I decided to tinker with Tinder and as I swiped (mostly left), I wondered what would happen if, by any chance, the Champions were exposed to it.

Random craziness. :))

---

THE CHAMPIONS ON TINDER

"Left. Left. Left. Left. Dude, that's a left. Seriously, Jo, swipe to the right and I swear I'll deny ever knowing you."

"But 'Lenn! He's hot!"

"He's clutching at his balls, Joana. No. Just... no. Left."

Joana threw Selina a look, clearly looking for back-up, but the reticent girl just raised an eyebrow at her. "Left."

"Sheesh. Fine." Joana swiped to the left, but not before grumbling under her breath about 'high standards' and 'just for fun'.

"Focus," Solenn scolded before she started barking commands again.

Lukas looked up from the thick volume on anatomy he was reading and raised an eyebrow to where the girls were sprawled beside each other on the couch, bent over Selina's newly-purchased iPhone 6. He threw Solomon a deadpan look. "Do I even want to know?"

"It's a dating app," Gabriel said before Solomon could reply. He was sitting on another couch, surfing through the television channels with a small pout on his face.

"Elaborate for the non-Humans, please," Lukas said when Gabriel didn't say anything else.

"It's an application, a program of sorts, installed in Selina's new phone," Mateo supplied. "I don't know the specifics, but it's a dating program that allows you to choose from several automated recommendations. If you swipe to the left, you're 'rejecting' the rec. Swipe to the right if you're okay with them. And if they happened to swipe your own photo to the right, it's a match. You could chat and stuff." Mateo walked over to Lukas and showed a sample of the app on his own phone. Lukas's eyebrows got higher and higher as Mateo demonstrated the app.

"Aren't you supposed to, you know, choose wisely?" Lukas asked when his friend swiped indiscriminately to the left and right. "Coz you just swiped a dude-looking girl to the right."

Mateo gave a non-committal grunt and continued swiping. "It's okay. I'm not really into it. I'm studying the interface so I can create a similar program for our HoloPhones in Cielos."

"Meaning, Mr. Moneybags is going to capitalize on this again," Solenn said with an over-dramatic roll of her eyes. She glanced into Selina's phone again and yelped just as Joana was swiping to the left. "That's a right! Did you see the abs on that thing?!"

Gabriel huffed loud enough for them to hear and shifted on the couch, but he still didn't take his eyes away from the TV screen.

"Problem, Gabriel?" Solomon teased. He paused the game he was playing on his Mac and smirked at the scowling man. It was obvious to everyone that he was moping because Solenn was checking out other guys.

Gabriel just scowled at Solomon and burrowed deeper into the huge couch. He was allowed to mourn his broken heart, wasn't he? I mean, come on! Gabriel thought. Solenn doesn't even look at other boys, and now she's practically commandeering the two other girls to check out who's hot and who's not. And while he's at it, why aren't Solomon and Mateo saying anything about Selina and Joana checking out other guys.

Gabriel took out his cellphone (Center Realm issue) and sent a group text to Solomon, Mateo, and Lukas. I don't see how you're okay with this, he said into his message.

The boys' phones all beeped at the same time. Gabriel almost smacked himself, but thankfully (or unfortunately), the girls didn't notice anything weird. He got different looks from the other boys, but he motioned for them to read his text. "Silent mode," he also mouthed to them before they peered into their phones to check his message.

A while later, the boys' phone vibrated again. It was from Mateo. Dude, chill.

Gabriel rolled his eyes and typed his reply. Joana just said that a guy, who was clutching at his balls, mind you, was hot, and you're telling me you're okay with that?

"He's not." Solomon's reply appeared on their thread. I bet Mateo has already found ways to hack into that man's account and... maim him.

Digitally, of course, Mateo typed in.

Mateo, please take note of the boys Selina swiped to the right. And maim them, too. Digitally.

Yes, digitally, of course, Lukas said. Even in a digital thread, his sarcasm still managed to get through. And you think that Joana wouldn't know? She's just as wicked with the Net as you, Mateo.

I don't care, Mateo replied. They can swipe all they want. The more they swipe, the more casualties there will be.

Are you happy now, Gabriel? Solomon said, followed by a smirking emoji.

How Solomon knew what emojis are, Gabriel didn't know. He didn't want to know. But to answer Solomon's question, Yes, I'm okay. Not so chill after all, huh, guys?

Oh, we are, Mateo said. At least we're not pouting about it. We're being proactive, because we're cool like that.

Lukas rolled his eyes at them and closed his phone to focus on his Anatomy text again. Solomon went back to his game and Mateo went back to... whatever he was doing. Probably highjacking the bank accounts of the unfortunate boys the girls had deemed 'hot'.

Gabriel, having felt infinitely better after finding out of his friends' nefarious plans against the 'Tinder Dweebs', sat more comfortably in the couch and settled on HBO. The Avengers was on.

Oooh, The Avengers, indeed. How fitting, Gabriel thought. On the screen, Tony Stark was filling his glass with scotch as he regarded Loki with a deadpan look. "Because if we can't protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it."

Word, Gabriel thought with a small grin. Sometimes, it was good to be friends with superheroes.