𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘥

THE FLAYED────────

THE FLAYED
────────

I started screaming when the elevator kept going down, I clung on to nothing.

"Shit! Shit!" Dustin yelled, trying to press the buttons, I tried keeping myself steady.

"We're going down! We're going down!" Steve yelled, I snapped my head towards him, "Uh, DUH!" I yelled.

"Yeah, no shit, Harrington!" Robin yelled, "Why don't these buttons work?!" Dustin asked.

"Press the button!" Erica yelled, "What do you think I'm doing?!" Dustin yelled back.

"Come on, press something! Just press the button!" Steve yelled, "Push it!" I yelled as well.

Then it had stopped, the boxes fell on me, I groaned in pain.

"My groin. It fell on my groin."

"Dustin, get this off of me!"

"I can't move."

I threw one of the boxes off me, I stood up and touched my back, my backpack was still on me but just slung off my shoulder a bit.

"Is everyone okay?" Robin asked, "Yeah, I'm great, now that I know that Russians can't design elevators!" Steve yelled.

"I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work." Robin said, I shook my head.

"No. It's just that Dustin doesn't know how to press a button or use one." I said while kicking a box away.

"They're buttons. They have to do something." Steve said, turning to Robin, "Yeah, if we had a keycard." I added.

"A what?"

"It's an electronic lock. Same as the loading dock door. If we don't have a keycard, it won't operate, meaning..." Robin trailed off.

"We're stuck in here." I finished with an annoyed groan, "Yeah."

"Just so you nerds are aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home for uncle jack's party tomorrow and my mom finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna haunt you down, one by one, and slit your throat." Erica said.

"I don't care about Tina! Or uncle jack's party! Your mom's not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator!" Steve said.

"Hey. What if we climbed out?" I suggested and pointed up at the ceiling.

──

We were now walking down a long hallway, "I mean, you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive." Dustin said.

"What are you talking about? It's a total fire hazard. There's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell."Steve added.

"They're commies. You don't pay people, they cut corners." Erica said, "To be fair to our Russian comrades, I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking. I mean think about it, they developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo." Robin explained.

They continued to talk while I just listened, me, erica, and Robin were still walking while Steve and Dustin were behind, the three of us came to a stop.

"I'm sorry, is there something you'd like to share with the class?" I asked while turning to the two of them, then the walkie came on, I kneeled down and the others followed me.

We all listened, the person was speaking Russian.

──

"Okay, clear. Clear, come on, let's go." Steve said, "Okay, that was close." Robin said.

"Very." I added, I followed behind Steve, "Relax. Alright? Relax. Nobody saw..." Steve trailed off.

We all came to a stop, we all hid behind somewhere so the guards wouldn't see us.

"What is this place?" I asked in curiously, "I saw it." Erica said.

"Saw what?" Steve asked.

"First floor, northwest. The comms room." Erica said.

"You saw the comms room?"

"Correct."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. The door was open for a second, and I saw a bunch of lights and machines and shit in there."

"That could be a hundred different things."

"I'll take those odds."

I leaned over and kept my eyes on the guards, "Alright. We're gonna move fast, we're gonna stay low. Okay?"

"Okay."

We all stayed low as we made our way over to that one certain room.

We all made it inside, I slowly turned around and we saw a guard sitting in a chair.

"Tread lightly! Tread lightly!"

"Who are you?"

"Silver cat...silver cat."

"I don't understand."

"China?"

The guard grabbed his gun but I heard Steve yell and he ran to the guard, and he knocked the guard out, causing him to fall to the ground.

"Dude! You did it! You won a fight!" Dustin said, I ran over to the guard and took his keys.

"What are you doing?" Erica asked, "Getting us our ticket out of here." I answered.

"You want to walk all the way back?" Erica asked, I shrugged, "Well, we can hang out for a little bit, relax, have a picnic maybe." I said.

"Have a picnic? We came here for the radio." Erica said, then Dustin walked over to us.

"Guys." Robin said, everyone turned to her, "There's something up there."

We all followed Robin upstairs, I held my backpack close just in case.

My eyes widen once I saw what was there.

The gate. They were trying to open it again.

...