𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘺

DEAR BILLY──────

DEAR BILLY
──────

It was now the next day where I sat on the couch with the others, writing in my notebook and looking over at max from time to time, seeing him writing something but I didn't know what.

"I know you guys are staring at me." Max said, "What, sorry?" Dustin said and we all looked away.

"I don't know how you think your eyes boring into the back of my head is protecting me from Vecna, I don't know." Max got up from his seat and walked over to us.

"You can look at me now." He said, "Thank you. sorry."

Max inhaled before giving Dustin an envelope, "For you." He said, then handed one to Steve, Lucas, and lastly, me.

"And, um, you." Max said, giving it to me, I took it and looked at it, "Oh, and, um, give these to mike, El, and will. If you can ever get ahold of them again."

Dustin went to open his but max stopped him, "What are you doing? No, don't. That's not for now. don't open it now." Max said.

"Don't...okay. I'm sorry. What is this?" Dustin asked, "it's, um...it's a fail-safe. For after. If things don't work out." Max said.

"Wait, whoa. Max, things are gonna work out." Lucas reassured, "No! No, I don't need you to reassure me right now and tell me it's all gonna work out. Because people have been telling me that my entire life and it's almost never true. It's never true. I mean, of course this asshole curses me. Should've seen that one coming." Max said, I sighed.

Max took a deep inhale before looking away from me, he then walked over to a table and grabbed my supercomm.

"If we go to east Hawkins, will this reach Pennhurst?" Max asked, "Of course. Yeah." Dustin answered.

"Why are we talking about East Hawkins?" Steve asked, we all turned to him.

──

I sat next to max in the car and looked over at him, he had his eyes closed with his arms crossed.

We then came to a stop at his house, I wanted to say something but I didn't know what to say in this kind of situation.

"This better be fast, mayfield." Steve said, "twenty minutes." Max replied before shutting the car door.

...

We waited for about longer than twenty minutes, I saw max speed walking back towards the car.

"Hey, that was longer than 20 seconds." Steve said, "Hey, whoa, whoa. You alright?"